Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Camp Cindy: Where have all the children gone?


More chairs than support? Posted by Picasa

UPDATE: Several posts below Lex notes that there are very few wide angle still shots or video camera pans of the crowds at Camp Cindy – AKA Camp Casey named after Ms. Sheehan’s son before it became clear that this whole thing is about Cindy not Casey. I e-mailed Eric Pfeiffer of the National Review On-line who, as fate would have it, was posting on the very subject. The picture above is from Eric. Had I hit the refresh button I could have saved the ether. Here is our e-mail exchange:

Hi,
I checked out your posts [from Crawford] today. I've wondered what the crowds have been like. There are never any wideangle still shots or video camera pans to give one a feel for the size of the crowd at Camp Cindy. (Let's face it sadly it's not about Casey anymore.) I've suspected that exclusive use of tight well framed shots is an effort to hide the lack of support. Thanks.
Doug Schumick
Stuttgart, Germany

"Doug, thanks for writing in. Guess great minds think alike, check out the post I just put up: buzz.nationalreview.com Your readership is most appreciated, btw.
Best,-Eric"

No comments: