Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day likely to drive down Dem turn out

Back in 1969 some doofus named John McConnell came up with the idea for Earth Day. We’ve been "celebrating" it ever since.

Like most PC specially designated days and months - like Black History Month, AIDS Awareness Day, etc, etc. – these things usually have the opposite affect of what is intended. Black History Month? What a joke. Who’d settle for a month? AIDS day? So you’re going to stop having unprotected homosexual sex and sharing needles with crack whores for a day and that’s going to be good enough to protect you the other 364?

Now, I don’t buy into all of the Co2 hocus pocus, but if I did, I guess I’d be wearing burlap and living on an organic food only commune somewhere. As a result of having to grow my own food organically, I’d weigh about 80 pounds; in part because growing food organically doesn’t produce much and because I’d give most my harvest to the commune’s bio-fuel project so it could be burned. It ain’t easy being green.

So today I suppose I have to hop in my gas guzzling SUV drive over to Lowes and pick a couple of plants for Earth Day. But won’t that trip to Lowes damage the planet? Maybe I should just stay home and not do anything for Earth Day. I know, I’ll go on line and buy some carbon off-sets from AlGore, drive over to Lowes and pick up my plants.

But hey I can figure out how to get to Lowes. What really scares me is how Dems in PA are going to get to the polls. They actually buy into this Co2 foolishness and not everyone drives a hybrid. This has got to drive down turn out. What were state Dem officials thinking scheduling an election on Earth Day when we’re all supposed to plant a tree and otherwise sit at home breathing shallowly, if at all, so as not to pump out unnecessary Co2.

Perhaps St. AlGore could do a public service message in PA allowing Dems a special dispensation to drive to the polls. Or Dems could do what they always do, tell other people how to live their lives while the Dems merrily go about ignoring the rules they have laid down for everyone else. It ain’t so hard being green when you're a hypocritical Dem (as if there were another kind) and buy carbon off-sets from yourself.

No comments: