Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I'LL VOTE FOR DANNY

Hugh Hewitt is holding a symposium at his website asking for 250 words on why one should vote for Bush and what's wrong with Kerry. My 250 words are in the next blog under. On the way home today, I thought, I could have done it in one word – Danny.

Danny is my 8 year old son and he is the best reason I can think of to vote for President Bush. I’d like to hope that the war on Pan-Islamo-Terror-Fascists can be won in the next ten years, before Danny comes of age. I am certain that taking four years off from the fight under a feckless, poll driven Kerry administration will put Danny square in the middle of the fight. That’s all-right. If called upon to shoulder a share of the nation’s burden, I’m confident that he will do his duty, but I would hope that he could reach voting age in an America under a green or blue terror alert warning.

I am convinced that President Bush offers our best hope for effectively prosecuting the war on the psychopathic jihadists intent on bringing America to her knees. There is nothing in Bush’s performance since 9-11 to indicate that he will do anything but relentlessly purse this murderous ilk and the nation-sates that sponsor them. President Bush has been steadfast and resolute and will remain so for the next four years if reelected.

Conversely, there is nothing in Kerry’s 30 year public career to indicate that he will do anything but appease the terrorist, demoralize our military, and weaken America’s leadership position in the world. He sided with the North Vietnamese during the Paris peace talks. He voted against every major weapons system being used in the war today. He advocated (continues to advocate in the case of the bunker buster) a nuclear freeze. He sided with Sandinista communists in Nicaragua. He voted against intervention in Kuwait. He voted against a bill supporting the very troops he voted to commit to combat. During the campaign, Kerry has demonstrated that he is the candidate that will make America’s defense contingent upon a “global test” and something called “truth standards”.

So, I’m going to vote for Danny. I’m going to vote for the man. (Click! You won't be disappointed.)

No comments: