Tuesday, July 26, 2005

NASCAR fans are easy to spot

If forced to pick the NASCAR fan from a line up that consists of a well dressed black man with a briefcase, and old lady in a blue print dress, quarter heels and a hair net and an overweight white guy named Darrell with a two day beard, wearing a Dale Earnhardt hat, a Gordon sucks t-shirt, smoking a Winston cigarette and drinking a Busch beer - who would you pick? Well based on the information provided, if you picked Darrell you’re a racist. Or that is what certain politically correct buffoons would have you believe.

Right after, “Islam is a religion peace” the most often heard idiocy from the politically correct is “racial profiling does not work.” Well the last I heard Jewish religious leaders were not inciting their young people to blow themselves up - killing as many innocents as possible in the process – to further the cause of Judaism. So if the FBI is wasting time and valuable assets infiltrating synagogues across America, I’d be disappointed. In fact I’m sure they are not.

But the TSA and metropolitan police are hung up on some idiotic formula that has them pulling every tenth member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir out of line for a full body cavity search while Mohammed the mad bomber with wires protruding from his shoes and the smell of symtex emanating from his body is whisked happily on his way. The ACLU and other wackos think this is how it should be. I mean fair is fair. Well until 80 year old white ladies from Minnesota start blowing things up, I think they should get a pass from the TSA and metro police.

If I was forced to pick which team would win a basketball game and the only information I had was that the teams were identical in every respect except one is made up of five 7 foot black men and the other is made up of five 6 foot white men, I’d pick the team of black men. I do that, not because I’m a racist but because I’m aware of the world I live in. I may lose my shirt because the black men are really hockey players while the white guys are the basketball players but I’d have to go with the information available. And most of the time I’d be right. And that is what the TSA and metro police need to do as well.

I’m taking Lex Jr. to camp. Be back Mon next week. Cruise the archives until then.

No comments: