Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Vs. content Vs. mad

When I was young captain - what seems like 100 years ago - I used to have breakfast with the corporals and sergeants that worked for me once a month. The purpose of the meeting was to listen to complaints, suggestions and concerns. At one of these meetings a corporal asked me, “Why are you never happy with what we do?” Stunned, I looked at the young Marine and said, “I’m ‘happy’ with about 95% of everything we do. That’s pretty good, isn’t it?” The corporal said, “Well it seems like we’re never fast enough, clean enough or organized enough.”

“Ohhh” I said. “And you never will be.” I said, “Look it isn’t my job to be ‘happy’. It’s my job to keep getting you better and better still. I’d like to get us to the point where, even on our worst day, we’re pretty damn good. So don’t confuse being ‘happy’ with being content. I’m very happy with how we’re doing. I’m not content with how we’re doing and never will be. We can always get better.”

I’m wondering if the DemoRATS and their MSM cohorts are playing the role of making America better or just trying to destroy it for political gain. They harp endlessly on 3,000 dead in Iraq. Each is a tragedy no doubt, but what is lost in RAT and MSM hysteria is that they died freeing a Muslim country of 25 million the size of California from a madman. They have given the Iraqi people a chance at a democratic government that is non-existent in the region and they have killed 10s of thousands of jihadis doing it. When the MSM run their nightly car bomb footage there is NEVER any context.

There are too few stories on the successes our fighting men have achieved, and their individual heroism goes largely unnoticed. Rather than the American fighting man being defined in the MSM by his courage and sacrifice, he is too often defined by a few shortcomings like Abu Graihb. While others in America are given the benefit of the doubt or at least declared innocent until proven guilty, Jack the ass Murtha declares Marines in Haditha guilty. Now, that case is so full holes even Mike Nifong wouldn’t take it. Prosecutors have dismissed charges and immunized an unprecedented number of supposedly “guilty” Marines in an effort to make charges stick against the remaining Marines.

Our battlefield medical techniques are second to none. 1,000s have been saved. 1,000s of amputees are leading relatively normal lives and some even returning to their units to continue to serve. Where are the stories of a great nation that has provided top-flight medical service to its military forces. Nearly nonexistent. The one medical story that gets out is about one run down building in Washington D.C. I’m still waiting to hear why that building was run down. I’m betting contractors – probably minority union contractors – have scammed the government, collected a ton of tax payer money and not delivered promised maintenance and cleaning services.

So are the RATS and MSM happy? No. Content? No. Are they mad? Yes, and they will remain so until a RAT enters the White House.

No comments: