Sunday, July 08, 2007

Lex vacations to good news; what's the next big thing?

Well, well, well, I should go on vacation more often. While I was away:
There were a few foiled bomb plots in Great Britain
Comprehensive Grahamnesty went down in flames
The Supremes struck down discrimination of white males
The president half pardoned Libby
McCain's campaign is broke
Not too bad.

I still cannot believe that there is no outrage over Uncle Fester’s stunt double, Richard, little Dick, Armitage’s cowardice. All this slug had to do was hold a presser and say, “I did it. It was a mistake and I regret it, but I will not stand by and let other people’s lives be ruined for something I did.” But microscopic Dick lacked the manly orbs to step up.

So what is the next big thing now that Comprehensive Grahamnesty is smoldering on the ash heap of bad legislation? Well we still need border security and enforcement of current laws. But I think the fire closest to our feet is Iraq. Spineless Republicans, as if there were any other kind, are beginning to jump ship. I’ve fired off e-mails to Lugar, Voinovich, Warner and Domenici. The following is an example:

Dear Senator Voinovich:

I quit the Republican Party over the Comprehensive Amnesty bill. I’m quitting you for your wrong headedness on Iraq. You should start each day by replaying the latest taped message from Ayman al-Zawahiri. While you may want to quit the war, al Qaeda clearly does not.

What is your vision of an Iraq abandoned by America? Mine is one of a safe place for al Qaeda to plan, plot and execute their nefarious deeds using Iraqi petrodollars for the purpose. Does Afghanistan ring a bell?

Kill ‘em where they are senator. If you don’t have the stomach for a tough fight, step aside for someone who does. Your position on this issue reminds me of your position, sans the pathetic tears, on the John Bolton nomination…WRONG.

NOTE: DeWine wasn’t beaten because he was too conservative. He was beaten because conservatives didn’t give one hoot whether he won or lost. The same fate awaits Lindsey Grahamnesty, Chuck Hagle and hopefully you.

Regards,
Doug Schumick (OSU 78) (LtCol USMC Ret)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Lex. You might as well start out swinging at the Senator from Ohio. Voinovich should start looking for some retirement property. His goose is cooked here in buckeye land. By the way Lex I noticed Fred Thompson is leading all repub candidates in the polls. Funny since has not declared that he is running. He definitely has the best looking spouse. I think I will contribute to his campaign as soon as they give me address to send it to. The Griffin.