Friday, June 04, 2010

MI Governor panders with the best

"I, Jennifer M. Granholm, governor of the state of Michigan (aka Meatchiken), do hereby declare Armando Galarraga to have pitched a perfect game, and I join Tigers fans all across the globe in saluting his unassailable accomplishment -- the first perfect game in Tigers history."


Well there you have it. If things don’t go your way get a politician to declare that they did.

First off, I'll bet she doesn't even know how many outs there are in an inning of baseball.

In other startling news, Granholm declared that the University of Meatchicken (aka Michigan) has never – ever been defeated by Ohio State in anything… ever. Catching on to the craze, IN Governor Mitch Daniels declared that that the Colts won the Super Bowl in Jan and demanded that the White House set up a visit for the team. “Come on, there were at least three bad calls in that game. The Colts deserve the win or at least a trophy like the other boys got,” an irate Daniels declared.

In my own life, were it not for the human error of every coach in every sport on every team that I played on, I’m sure I would have won the Heisman Trophy. Who is going to fix that?

Human error is part of the game. Sport is another area where politicians shouldn’t stick their worthless noses. They can’t set up a one car funeral but they are going to take care of baseball’s record book? Doubt it.

I’ll say this, the pitcher and the ump have shown more class in this one incident than anything that has come out of D.C. since Jan 2009.

On a happier note GWB spoke in plain words, “Yeah I’d water board ‘em again.” The only thing that would have made it better would have been a, “Hell yeah…”

No comments: