Friday, June 29, 2012

Don't quit. Do sometihing.

Rise one more time

WARNING:  Blogger has taken it upon themselves to insert some links at random words in posts.  Hell it's a free site I suppose you have make money somehow.

I dunno. Wow! Just some random thoughts.


I did the only two things I could do after the decision yesterday. I sent Mitt Romney $125 and bought some more ammo.

I did not know that the Supremes where supposed to re-write unconstitutional laws to make them constitutional. That’s what the court majority did when they called the “mandate” a tax. The mandate was supposed to fall under the commerce clause of the constitution. That was struck down. The Supremes took the extraordinary step of interpreting congressional intent and called the mandate a tax. Demo-Dopes refused to utter the word “tax” and lambasted anyone who claimed the mandate was a tax during the debate over Little Barrycare.

So can congress now do anything they want to under the guise of taxation? You must buy a Chevy or pay a tax on car that isn’t a Chevy volt?

I thought the Supremes were in the business identifying remedies and then letting legislators revise laws to meet constitutional muster. In this case the Supremes took it upon themselves to insert the remedy into the decision. It is a remedy that could never pass in the legislature that originated the piece of crap bill in the first place and certainly could never pass in the current congress.

I’m no lawyer, thank goodness, but this decision will have to go down in the history of the court as one of the most twisted in history. It seems insane to this untrained mind.

If we’re saddled with this monstrosity, you know who will be hurt the worst – ironically sick poor people. As the system becomes more and more bloated and unresponsive, as all government programs do, the rich will pay for decent medication. The healthy don’t have to worry. The poor sick will be stuck in some line that will make the line at the DMV look like being the guy next on deck at a five chair barber shop.

I do agree with John Roberts when he wrote that it wasn’t the Supremes job to protect people from the  representatives they elected. Well, actually John when those representatives pass unconstitutional law that is EXACTLY your job. But OK I get the point. I don’t like it when some judge overturns an election or a law I like. So, John, why did you vote to overturn an AZ law enacted by that states duly elected officials? Why did you vote to strike down the Stolen Valor act passed by elected representatives?

Well there is an election this Nov. Get registered. If you’re already registered, check it. Do what you can with your money and more importantly time. While donating yesterday, I signed up as a Romney volunteer. I’ve never done anything like that before. I did it because I get the feeling the country is like man at the absolute edge of a cliff trying to catch his balance to keep from going over. You gotta do what you can. Doing nothing is not option.

No comments: