Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Kraft made me a Pats fan

I should have blogged about the Super Bowl on Sunday. But, I just didn’t care on Sunday. So now I probably will appear to be jumping on the Patriot bandwagon. First, in Germany the game didn’t come on until midnight or 1:00 am. Danny had school Monday. So, I had to get him up at 6:30 and off to the bus by 7:00 am. So when I woke in my chair at midnight with a stiff neck and the tv tuned to something, I thought, hey it’s not as if it’s Daytona or something important and I went to bed.

I got up and was only half pleased to find out that New England won. I say half pleased because of the way I pick my favorite teams. My first rule is to root for the team with the fewest showboats. In that regard, I’d have rooted for the Pats. My second rule is to root for the underdog. In that regard, I’d have favored the Eagles. Since the game was over and I had no passion for either team, I thought why type about the Super Bowl?

Then I was watching some sports show. When hiring Head Coach Bill Belichick, Patriot’s Owner Robert Kraft reportedly told Belichick, “If I have to hire criminals and thugs to win, I’ll sell the team.” So, I’m now a belated Pats fan. So much so, that I am ordering a hat. Kraft’s comment should be widely publicized – particularly among NBA owners and players.

No comments: