Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Pope on the Kerry-Rudy doctrine

Uh oh. Lib pols, the MSM, cable talkers, yakers and blowhards across America are in high dudgeon because the pope has issued a warning that “Catholic” pols who support abortion could find themselves in trouble with the church. Oh my God, the pope is pro life. Who knew?

What else is the pope going to say about this scourge coupled with birth control that has left Europe with too few native babies to even maintain the current population let alone keep pace with the population growth among Muslim immigrants? What’s the pope supposed to say craven pols like John Kerry and Rudy who use the “I’m pro life. I hate abortion, but I can’t stand in the way of a woman who chooses death”?

Well yes you can. If you believe as the pope and many others do that abortion is the taking of innocent life, rather than a stumbling block on the way to the presidency or other elected office, you would stand against it. If you’re a truly committed Lib interested in protecting the helpless and downtrodden, you would have included abortion in your dopy hate crimes bill. If you’re Conservative you’d say abortion is wrong. Roe was wrongly decided and should be struck down.

You wouldn’t do the Kerry-Rudy, dare I say, split the baby mumbo jumbo. I’m against it. I hate it. But a woman can kill her baby if she wants to, so go ahead and do it. As a pro lifer, I’d much rather hear a pol say he’s sees nothing wrong with abortion than the crap Kerry-Rudy come up with. In the first case, I could hope that the pro choice pol would have an epiphany on the subject similar to my own. In the Kerry-Rudy cases there no such hope. They already know abortion is wrong but have decided to do nothing about it.

I’ve flipped from a pro life position to the thinking that an abortion is nothing more than having a mole removed – just a blob of unwanted cells. And flopped back to pro life because I couldn’t come to an understanding of exactly when it was that a newly born Lex jr wasn’t Lex jr. So I understand Romney’s back and forth – I’ve been there. I cannot understand a pol professing that the practice is wrong but then saying his hands are tied when it comes to voting for legislation that would limit that practice. It makes no sense to me.

The pol answer on abortion is simple: Roe is wrong and wrongly decided by five unelected dopes in robes. Roe should be struck down and the issue returned to state legislatures.

As for the pope, he has every right and the duty to lead his church consistent with his understanding of the faith. He should no more excuse the Kerry-Rudy doctrine than he should excuse any other wonton murder of innocents.

Libs, who scream separation of church and state, are fond of throwing up the “what would Jesus do” line every time they come up with a new and dopy way to redistribute your money. Well on abortion, it pretty clear what Jesus would do. When some pol, President Clinton I think, was lecturing Mother Theresa on “unwanted babies”, the heroic Sister stopped him and said, “Those babies are not unwanted. I’ll take those babies.” And I believe she would have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am suspect of anyone running for any office. I am always wondering if the candidate is saying what they believe, saying it to get elected, or are so easily swayed to believe what is immediately popular (which means they do not know what they believe). The Catholic Church is not a democracy and does not take polls to know what stance to take on particular issues. I like that. It does not see Washington lobbyists that solicit votes either. I like that too. You know where the pope stands. The Griffin.