Thursday, February 14, 2008

Change, stimulus and lying

Hoping for change
Were I John McCain, I’d hire 10 accountants to follow Barack Obama around and attempt to total up the cost of all the programs and government give-a-ways he proposes. Then once the total is known, a difficult task in that every new group along the campaign trail evokes a new give-a-way, I’d put a per tax payer price tag on it. In a TV ad, I’d have a slow scroll of the programs and their cost with a running total like that deficit counter the MSM always shows when a Rep is in the White House. I’d use the ominous voice over made famous in political ads and ask, “At time of war, can America afford Barack Obama?” Then I’d come up with clever tag line like: John McCain, change we can afford.

Give-a-ways
Speaking of government give-a-ways, the president signed the “stimulus package” yesterday. Woopie! To think, had I worked harder – some would say at all – the government wouldn’t be sending me a check. Of course the government just puts its name on the check. The money is barrowed from China and repaid with interest by the over achievers among us – in this case the over achievers are anyone making over $75,000. Anyway, I will do my patriotic duty and try to find some US manufactured product to spend the money on. Just to piss off the Libs, I may go buy a hand gun.

Who ya going to believe?
The best line in the Roger Clemens Brian McNamee dust up before congress yesterday was when my congressman, a Rep gasbag named Mark Souder, said someone was lying. Duh! It was a room full of politicians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To condense Lex....today congress is giving money away to people that may pay or may not pay taxes, having hearings on baseball players that were bulking up on Tigers Milk and B12 shots, while all the presidential candidates (presently in congress I might add) tell us how they will change the federal government. PT Barnum invented the 3 ring circus but congress has mastered it. Oh, don't forget the congressional hearings on Spygate and the NFL. I guess it's a 4 ring circus. Tomorrow I hear that congressional hearings will begin hair testing the competitors in the Miss America padgent to determine if their hair is colored, highlighted, or natural. It should riveting as Miss Clariol has been summoned. The Griffin.