Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gen Amos: pliable as a wet noodle with all the principle of flim flam man

My Marine Corps Commandant, Gen James Amos, said that he didn’t want to be visiting wounded Marines at Walter Reed because they were distracted by openly gay men serving in the military. That was then. Today the House and Senate have repealed DADT. Now Amos tells us he’s the man to implement the new policy.


Whew. For just a second, I thought he’d do something silly like stand on principle and issue a statement, “Not on my watch!” Then, I thought he’d await the inevitable firing that accompanies a military man’s decision to buck headquarters. Instead, the general began the greatest military walk back since Napoleon left Moscow. Amos, the first Naval Aviator to act as Commandant of the Marine Corps, now seems to think that because he’s against the idea, he’s the perfect guy to implement it.

Anyone can implement policy. We call such people bean counters. Anyone can count the beans. We call people willing implement bad policy, sycophants (well ass kissers really). What takes courage and leadership is bucking bad policy.

The military will set sound rules and regs for dealing with the latest idiocy unleashed on the American people by congress. It’ll take every third recruit being a Harvard law grad, but they’ll get it done. We don’t need Amos for that process. What we needed was a man of principle with the courage of his convictions. Amos clearly ain’t that man.

Dare I say it? Amos is now the poster child for the reason Marines have wanted an infantryman sitting in the Commandant’s office all these years.

9-11 Fund

Is it unpatriotic to say enough is enough to the 9-11 first responders? I don’t think so. Here’s couple of reason that enter my small mind:

We’ve already spent billions compensating "victims" of the disaster (38 BILLION by one account). How many millions is that per “victim?” When is it alright to say, “Look, I appreciate your sacrifice, but I don’t feel I owe you a blank check for the rest of your and families lives for doing the job you signed up to do.” There was a victims’ relief fund that was funded and then re-funded by another 815 million dollars. WTF? Where did that money go? Apparently GAO doesn’t know. So given the waste already, congress is now saying, “Let’s just keep throwing money at this problem until the public sector unions say they have enough money.”

We’re broke. Whatever we do better be fiscally responsible or whatever money the boobs in DC decide to pour into the fund will be worthless.

What needs to done is a board established made up of non-union non-NYers to apply money where it is needed and can do the most good. We cannot afford to take BILLIONS of more dollars and just throw it up into the air hoping it lands in the hands of people who need it.

Yes, I know I’m a cruel heartless bastard. No I’m not. I’d rather see the money go toward improving the lot of killed or wounded service men and their families . I don’t see anyone offering them millions of dollars for doing their job.

Hucksterbee

He’s at it again. “Uh, I dunno, didn’t the Mormons travel into hell and make a deal with the devil in exchange for that temple in Utah? I thought I read that somewhere. I’m just asking.”

The Huckster has come down on the rather broad side of Moochell Obama against Sarah Palin with regard to nutrition. So you’ve got fat-so Huckster siding with fat-so Moochell against the pretty girl who happens to be slim and fit on how many snacks are OK.

You cannot make this crap up. If you just looked at the three of them side by side by side, whose advise on diet do you think you ought to take? As a fat-so myself, I’m not taking other fat people’s advise on what my snack regiment ought to be.

Hey, MIKE! Go fill your pie hole with a double crust cheesy bread pizza and leave us the hell alone.

No comments: