Thursday, December 20, 2012

Scatter shots


Slow Joe on gun control and any other serious subject:
Trust me.  I know what I'm doing.

If you’re not really serious about getting something done, put the slowest of all Joes - Slow Joe J-O-B-S is a3 letter word Biden in charge of it. Remember Slow Joe was put in charge of making sure stimulus money wasn’t wasted. Well in Slow Joes warped world dumping BILLIONS of dollars down green rat holes wasn’t a waste, because a good portion of that money came back to Little Barry’s campaign chest.

In all of the discussion about what might be done with regard to more gun control, has any one heard a single mention – even by pro gunners – of the plain language in the 2nd Amendment? Me neither. It seems to me, the constitution ought to be the starting point of discussions not an after thought. Pundits are all talking about getting enough votes to pass something, when all it really takes is five of the nine dopes in robes. After the Supreme Court decision on Little Barrycare, that is a scary thought.

I heard from a friend yesterday, so you know this is reliable, that Antinon Scalia’s judgment on guns defines the right to “keep and bear arms” this way:

With regard to “keep”, if you have a facility to keep the weapon it is a legal weapon

With regard to “bear,” if you can carry the weapon it is a legal weapon.

So, according to Scalia, I would be allowed in public with any weapon I could “bear” or carry. That sounds to me to be a reasonable interpretation.

Now I can hear nearly everyone going crazy. “You can’t be serious! That’s nuts! You can’t have people running around with automatic weapons.” Well, yes you can, but that’s not the point. The point is that the constitution either means something or it doesn’t. If the government can further circumvent the 2nd Amendment without amending it through the amendment process, it has set the pretext for circumventing the first amendment. Oh wait, it already did. It locked up a film maker on trumped up charges and America yawned. Well, it can circumvent the 4th Amendment. Oh, wait it already has. It virtually strip searches us and looks into the personal papers contained in our brief cases at airports. Americans shut up and get in line like sheep at the slaughter. It photographs us at nearly ever intersection in every major or even not so major city in America. Americans go about their business as if the government’s interest in their whereabouts and activities is perfectly normal. They don’t even pause to give the cameras the finger.

Here’s one that may be a bit controversial, as if carrying a machine gun isn’t. Every school principal, and I’m pretty sure vice principal, in young Lex’s life has been a female. I think that’s a huge problem over and above the gun issue, but let’s stay focused…for once. It’s hard to stand up to someone with a gun when you’re unarmed, but I see my old high school principal, Mr. McCann, knocking the crap out of the little turd and putting his cigarette out in the little $h!t’s eye. Truth be known, McCann would have had the kid figured out by the second day of his freshman year. But now we are a kinder and gentler (except when killing 27 fellow citizens) more tolerant society (except for white, Christian, heterosexual, males). In the name of diversity we let all manner of aberrant BS pass. Then we act shocked, shocked I tell you, when a nut like Lanza starts shooting up our schools, movie theaters and political events – all “gun free” zones by the way.

It dawned on me last night that I have more security in my house than most schools. That’s crazy. Now in Lib world, they would demand that I reduce my security so not to be any greater than anyone else’s. I think we should put one gun and someone who knows how to use it in every school so as to reach the same level of minimum security found at the Lex compound.

BLUBBERING BOEHNER
Since I advocated for this move, it’s hard for me to be unhappy with cry baby John for his million dollar threshold tax proposal. I just would not have started there. I’d have voted on Ryan’s plan, Simpson-Bowles, Little Barry’s non-plan plan then on this measure. I’d have voted every day if necessary. But hey, not bad for Boehner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today is the Christmas Goodie Day we have every year. I have my Christmas tie on, the Santa hat, and there is food everywhere. Of the 24 people that report to me a quick count shows 15 with CCW's. This building is not closed for CCW's. As safe as anywhere you could think of, including any school. Seems backwards. The Griffin.