Wednesday, July 30, 2014

At least Ray Rice isn't accused of raping anyone

Stephen A. Smith is riding the pines over at ESPN for a week for making insensitive remarks about Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice knocking out his fiancĂ©.  Smith opined that maybe the gal asked for it.  Maybe she did, but apparently there is no abuse a woman can dish on man that allows the man to defend himself.

I had a Marine once who was accused of hitting his wife.  I asked him if he did.  He answered, “Yes sir.”  I went off on him and after a minute of berating the man, I asked “WHY?!! Why would you hit a woman?” His answer was simple.  “She’d have killed me if I hadn’t.  She had a baseball bat and hit me at least three times while I was sleeping.  She continued to swing the bat after I got to my feet, so I hit her.”  He had the bruises on his ribs, arm and leg to support his story.  His wife on the other hand had a single huge black eye.  He was never charged.  I apologized.

On The View, Whoopie Goldberg opined that women better never hit a man and expect not to get hit back.  That’s pretty much what Smith said, but Woopie is Whoopie and Smith is Smith.  The View is the The View and ESPN is ESPN.  Whoopie will not be suspended.  A woman offering this opinion is sort of like blacks using the “N” word.  It’s OK for them, but you better never try it.

I don’t know what led up to Rice knocking out his girlfriend.  I don’t think it was because she insisted that he take her out for pancakes at 2 in the morning.  Men probably shouldn’t make a practice of hitting women.  But if a man is in a confined space, say an elevator, and a woman with skills hauls off and kicks him in the groin and follows that by smashing her fist into his face, yeah, he ought to hit her back.

We had this discussion with young Lex last night.  Mrs Lex hoped that “we raised Lex jr. better than to hit a woman.”  I hope we raised him better than to hang out with lunatic gals that need to be punched.  But you never know.

That sadly is not the end of the story.  The NFL fined Rice three games or $529,411.24 and suspended him for two games.  Women’s groups have their panties in wad over what they deem a slap on the wrist.  Well first off the woman that Rice knocked out married him.  That’s pretty much case closed in my book.  Second half a mill ain’t chump change.  Third Billy boy Billbo Clinton was only fined $90,686 for lying about his sexual harassment and humiliation of Monica Lewinsky while getting off Scott-free with raping Wauneta Broderick and groping Kathleen Willy.  The court also suspended Billbo’s law license, which he hadn’t used and had no intention of ever using again, for a year.  That’s sort of like suspending the blind guy’s driver’s license.

Then Billbo settled out of court with Paula Jones for a reported $850,000.  Hey maybe that’s why the Shrilldabeast said they were dead broke when they left office.  When you starting paying off all the women sexually harassed by Billbo, it’s going to cost you a lot of money.

The point here is that the same women’s groups in an uproar over Rice’s supposed “light treatment” by the NFL are happy to declare Billbo a defender of women’s rights.  And I suppose he is...as long he can assault them first. 

No comments: