Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh yeah, and there's this

Yesterday underscored one more reason conservatives ought to have an advantage in this year’s election – the Supreme Court. Five dopes in robes decided that child rape is not serious enough to warrant the death penalty.

Seems to me, if you’re going to have a death penalty, it ought to be for the criminals who commit the worst crimes. You know, Tim McVeigh comes to mind. Next in my mind is some sick bastard who rapes a defenseless child. And I’m not talking about the - oh my God, I swear I though she was 18 – child. I’m talking about five and under.

Lex isn’t crazy about the state killing its citizens. But I’d kill a hundred scum-bags if it saved a single life. To be effective the death penalty needs to be swift sure and rare and applied equally against the worst of the worst. If child rape doesn’t include the worst of the worst, it’s hard to imagine who would be in that category.

So if you’re looking for one reason why you ought to go out and vote McCain think about the five unelected dopes in robes running the country.

No comments: