Thursday, November 20, 2008

Urine tests for NFL QBs

Makes sense therefore it’ll never happen

I got this from one of those “pass this along to ten friends if you agree” e-mails:

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I’d take it a bit further and require anyone working for government to take a urine test – especially the elected ones!

And anyone showing up to their congressional hearing to beg money from the US taxpayer via PRIVATE JET certainly ought to be subject to a urine test. Who is doing PR for these idiots Robin Leach?

As a result of my self imposed news black out (is that racist?) I missed this

Apparently hall of fame in waiting quarterback Donavan McNabb didn’t know that pro-football games could end in a tie. After a 13-13 tie with the 1-8-1 Cincinnati Bengals, McNabb announced his ignorance to the world. I didn’t know there was another team in the NFL so pee poor to be capable of a tie with the one win Bengals either – but that’s not what McNabb said. He said he didn’t know that a game – any game – in the NFL could end in a tie.

So there are 32 NFL football teams. So, of 300 million people in the US, currently there are only 32 with the mental acumen and physical talent to be designated a NFL starting quarterback. Each team keeps at least two backups which brings the number of NFL quality quarterbacks to (oh God please let this answer from a public school grad be right) 96.

Now of all of the NFL quarterbacks, McNabb is considered by many to be among the elite – let’s say top 5-10. So to put this in perspective, McNabb has reached the pinnacle of his profession – the NFL – and is himself an elite player among the most elite players. He is a field general – often pointed to as one of the top 5 field generals - in the NFL, but he doesn’t know the rules of the game that earn him 10s of millions of dollars every year.

Stunning.

That’s’ like a salesman not knowing his commission. That’s like Barry Bonds not knowing that after hitting a home run he still has to touch every base. That’s like elementary kids not knowing that there will be a spelling test on Friday. That's like Lex not knowing where the beer is in his own house.

McNabb definitely should be considered for a urine test.

No comments: