Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hill's shameful remarks

After seeing this youtube video Lex fired this off to Hill’s office via snail mail. I also sent it as an open letter to the local fish wrap in the 9th district.

Representative Baron Hill
279 Quartermaster Court
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Dear Baron:

“This is my Town Hall meeting and I set rules”
- Representative Baron Hill D (IN 09) to a constituent

Wow. In a less than a dozen words you managed to sum up why the American people are sick of congress. I can sum up this episode and most of what congress does in just three words - stupidity, hubris and arrogance.

So Baron, what does the word “representative” mean to you?

Who do you suppose owns the “Town Hall?”

You go on to tell the people, “You’re not going to tell me how to run my congressional office.” Hmm, your office? Did you learn nothing from Scott Brown and the “Kennedy seat?” It’s the people’s office, Baron, not yours. Hopefully this November the people will throw your arrogant butt out of THEIR congressional office and on to the street.

With less and less respect,



Doug Schumick

No comments: