Friday, March 04, 2005

Just between the girls

On Wednesday, Chris Matthews had an additional two women join the show, Stacy Bannerman, Karen Houppert. Bannerman is making a name for herself acting as if she didn’t know that her husband, who happens to be a National Guardsman, was eligible to go to Iraq. Houppert is pushing a new book “Home Fires Burning: Married to the Military for Better or Worse.”

Ms. Bannerman is of the mistaken opinion the National Guard’s primary mission is “to provide assistance to their state and local communities.” Well no Ms. Bannerman, the first mission of the National Guard is its National mission. Of course, Chris Matthews couldn’t have done to 30 seconds work it would have taken to look that up.

I have a few questions that were not asked by Mz. Hotshot hardballer:
Was your husband in the guard when you married him?
If he was why did you marry him knowing that he was in the military?
If wasn’t in when you married him, did he discuss the decision to join with you?
How many times since you’ve been married has your husband reenlisted?
Have you ever read or listened to the reenlistment oath?
Let me just put it up on the screen for every one to see:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the president of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the uniform code of military justice. So help me God.

Do you see that bolded portion Ms. Bannerman?
What part of that don’t you understand?
Do you see anything in there that would exempt your husband because you don’t agree with the president’s decision?
Are you this clueless about everything?

Ms. Houppert has written a whole book about hapless women such as Bannerman. During this seven minute segment, Chris and the other two girls managed to set women’s rights back 20 years. Instead of “I am woman hear me roar” the three girls were singing “Daddy, I need my man.”

Perhaps, as a public service, Chris could get together with some of, what Chris and Houppert would have us believe are a minority of capable women that are coping better than Bannerman. That will never happen. Chris will only talk to girls like Chris.

No comments: