Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas to all

Well the big day is almost here, Christmas that is or for the secular crowd the non denominational winter holiday. Lex jr. is wound up tighter than a two dollar watch. He has an Advent calendar that he works everyday. No matter how he arranges the pieces there are always a few holes left. I asked one day why he was rearranging the pieces. “So it won’t look like there are so many days to go” he told me. I said, well just put all of the pieces on and it’ll be Christmas. He shook his head and said seriously, “It doesn’t work like that dad.”

We’re off to the Christmas Markt in Strasbourg today. Except for venturing into France, it ought to be fun. I thought all of our shopping was done. We emptied the Lego department at the local toy store – curse you Lego for not having enough of the Star Wars chess sets – next delivery date is April! I purchased and neatly wrapped the shotgun, power drill, and bottle of single malt scotch the Mrs. has had her eyes on. I had “Lex” engraved on the shotgun just in case she doesn’t like it. I’ve sent new pictures of myself to all of our friends and laid on an extra case of beer for the game. Can’t imagine what else we might need that’s all the way over in Strasbourg. Oh well, you know me anything for the family.

After all of the excitement and Lego construction on Christmas day, we’ll take a moment to reflect on the reason for the season and those who are off doing the country’s business. Merry Christmas all.

No comments: