Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Hucksterbee problem

What’s the Huck up to? The tax and spend Huckster first signed the Americans for Tax Reform “no tax pledge” as means to drive around his record on taxes as Arkansas governor. Now, faced with a similarly inconvenient record on illegal immigration as governor, Mikey has decided to sign the Numbers USA “no amnesty” pledge.

What’s next? The no I don’t really believe that Mormons believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers pledge. Or the no I don’t think we need to amend the constitution when I said, "I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that’s what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family" pledge.

Look at that statement. That ought to be enough to send reasonable people scurrying to any other candidate. Not because what he says is wrong. It may be true. But I don’t want any of our current crop of Pols tampering with the Constitution. I my opinion none are smart enough for that project.

I know how it’ll turn out. Dems will send Teddy I only drown one woman in the back of my car Kennedy and Chuckles Schemer to conference with Lindsey Grahmnesty and John to hell with the First Amendment McCain and our Constitution will come out reading like Mao’s little red book. Grahmnesty and McCain will tell us what a bipartisan triumph the project was and how the rest of us should just go along. We should all be willing to give up freedom for the sake of bipartisanship. We have to be willing to compromise. BS.

I don’t trust Grahmnesty, McCainiac or Hucksterbee.

No comments: