Friday, September 26, 2008

The non-essential B-HO

I’ll not be watching the debate tonight. It’s Friday night, and I’m sure there’s paint drying somewhere. Why watch? Let me guess, B-HO takes 10 minutes working hope and change into every non-answer answer while McCain takes 2 seconds to answer yes or no, then 9 minutes talking about reforming Washington.

Sorry, I’ve heard it all before. Besides I’m not exactly undecided. McCain would have to be removed from the Republican ticket for me not to vote for him on 4 Nov. B-HO’d have to be running against Bin Laden - even then I’d have close my eyes and hold my nose - before I’d pull a lever for the know nothing, do nothing, be nothing dope.

The only interesting thing in the entire evening – after we determine whether or not McCain shows up – is will McCain cut B-HO off at the knees as he did with his chief Republican rival Mitt Romney. I’ll be disappointed if McCain is not at least as aggressive with B-HO as he was with our own guy.

Did anyone else laugh yesterday when the Dem leadership announced that a “framework” had been agreed to only to have House Minority Leader John Bohner come out and say, “Uh excuse me. No it hasn’t.” And then the whole thing decendes into a shouting match at the White House meeting. I guess Bohner was right and the Dems, as usual, were wrong.

And how about the B-HO statement of, “if you need me, call me and I’ll be there.” The White House called but the Dems still haven’t. That tells you about all you need to know. When the announcement went out in the Marine Corps that Fri was a day off for all “non-essential personnel,” I always made it a point to be at work on Fri least anyone think I was “non-essential.” B-HO has declared himself non-essential in the biggest crisis of the day – brilliant and correct.

Oh and how about this one. While McCain was sneaking out the back door at the White House after yesterday’s meeting, B-HO was rushing to the banks of microphones set up out front to tell the assembled multitudes that “injecting presidential politics into the process wasn’t helpful.” So who exactly was injecting presidential politics into the process - the guy who suspended his campaign and left out the back door or the guy who has left his attack ads up and rushed to the mic after the meeting?

You can’t make this stuff up.

No comments: