Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas post

Ft. Wayne is under ice- apparently another sure sign of global warming. The power just came on so this’ll be quick. I hope I don’t get cut off in mid sentence.

Auto Bailout

Bush is announcing an auto bailout at 9. President Bush is touting this as a structured bankruptcy. Given the government’s propensity to bailout everyone and everything, this may be as good as it gets.

One idea set forth by Mitt was that the big three declare bankruptcy restructuring as necessary to make them profitable and the government guarantee existing and new car warrantees. This would provide stability and assurance for those in the new car market to buy American. It would ensure that they would not be left holding the bag like those of us who bought now worthless Linen and Things gift certificates to put into the wife’s Christmas stocking.

Angels of tolerance

The angles of tolerance AKA the militant gays, want tolerance for everyone but Rick Warren and the majority of Americans who oppose gay marriage. Pastor Warren has been labeled everything but a white Christian male by gays making the radio and TV rounds. Missing from the discussion are a similar assaults on blacks, Hispanics and P-E Obama all of whom opposed CA’s prop 8. For some odd reason, gay outrage is directed only at Pastor Warren.

Now is that really the kind of tolerance the gays want to foster? There are all sorts of reasons to oppose gay marriage. Religion is only one. Non-religious people might oppose it because marriage between one man and one woman has been proven to be best way to organize humans for last 5,000 years.

On that level, it’s like society saying, “Hey look, it’s none of our business what three consenting adults and a dog do in the privacy of their own bedroom and if they all love each other, why can’t they be a married?” Or, “Tell me again why I can’t marry my sister?” It’s not hate. It’s how you want to organize yourselves. And dare I say it, biological common sense. Yeah, I know, I'm a damn hate monger.

Christmas Cruellas

Unlike angry gays, I will not let what others think about my persuasions pee me off too much. Merry Christmas is everywhere in Ft. Wayne. As Mr. T might say, “I pity the fool who can’t just enjoy the season, the lights, the music and hell the story is a good one – even if you don’t believe it.”

A child bride, heavy with child, forced to travel great distances by an onerous king, for the purpose of raising taxes, no room at the inn, the child being born in a manger, a new star bright enough to be seen day and night, shepherds and three kings following the star arriving at the manger, the ruler of the land wanting the new born child killed, angels singing, drummers drumming, pipers piping etc. etc. It is a story so much better than anything Hollywood could ever come with. Why not enjoy it?

It's Christmas break for Lex

I’m off next week. I’m going to enjoy the season. The family is off to a water park in OH. I think it's one of those indoor ones. Besides I need to do some Christmas shopping. The family is getting a bit tired of receiving a new 8 X 10 glossy photo of me every year. This year I’m going all out. I’m having a dozen or so 11” statues of myself made up. I can’t wait to see their faces Christmas Morning! See you Mon the 29th with my man of the year.

Merry Christmas to all and to all…

No comments: