Thursday, January 21, 2010

Scrawny Harry's Unwelcome Dinner Guest and the Supremes favor free speech


This is a picture of a billboard somewhere in Europe. I thought it funny so I snapped a picture. I ran across it last night and decided to eh hum "doctor" it up a bit before Dope-a-care makes such doctoring illegal.

But the real thing that should be on our minds this morning is the return to freedom of speech granted by the Supremes in yesterday’s landmark decision. All you really need to know about this is that Chucky Chuckles Schumer was reduced to a fit of rage. In Chucky’s world it is “anti-democratic” to allow more free speech. Hmm let’s ponder that one a bit. To paraphrase the Dope, I don’t know a thing about it, but so far it’s pissing off all the right people.

The Washington Times explains the decision this way:


“In a decision with profound implications for the role of money in American campaigns, the Supreme Court on Thursday gave interest groups, unions and corporations the right to pour money into issue advertising in political races - reigniting the passionate battle over the influence of cash on the electoral process.”


I still don’t get it. Influence of cash? What about Soros? Was it an influence of cash that made him a Demo-Dope progressive Icon or his roughish male model Ken Doll good looks? In that Soros looks like the love child of a one night mistake between Yoda and Marty Feldman, I’d have to say it’s his cash. But I may be wrong.

So this will once again provide an issue pitting Demo-Dopes against the people. The Dope argument is that while it’s perfectly ok for the NY Times to erroneously report an affair between John McCain and some staffer while ignoring the near open affair between John you can call me daddy...now Edwards and the mother of his child; Pampers diaper company couldn’t run an ad saying that all of John Edwards’ illegitimate babies soil themselves in Pampers. Or a right to life group couldn’t run an ad saying, John Edwards supports abortion, but won’t even abort his illegitimate kids. Take John’s advice. Have the baby.

Besides in the end if you believe, as Demo-Dopes seem to, that all corporations are greedy, they will not be running ads that piss off half of America. It’s just not good for business. Unions on the hand are wholly owned subsidiaries of the Demo-Dope Party and could care less who they piss off. This might be a net gain for the Dopes.

But for now, I’m just happy that Chucky’s having another bad day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs online.
I will recommend this site!

Feel free to visit my web blog Best high chair 2014 (besthighchairsreviews2014.com)