Friday, January 29, 2010

They are "pro-choice" as long as your choice is in lock-step with their choice

Well the Super Bowl is about a week out and the people who tune in for the commercials have already gotten a preview. Seems “Women’s groups” are in a tizzy because Tim Tebow and his mom have cut a commercial about Mrs. Tebow carrying the Heisman Trophy winning two-time National Champion quarterback to term. Dr.s had urged Mrs. Tebow to abort Tim because she was very sick. Besides, the Dr. explained, if carried to term the baby would be sick, ill formed and die anyway. Well Mrs. Tebow ignored the Dr.s and the rest is history.

Now, the Gator Nation has paid for a 30 second ad celebrating Mrs. Tebow’s decision, during the Super Bowl. That choice has pro-choice people (Read pro abortion people) up in arms. See if these dregs were about “pro-choice” they wouldn’t care about Mrs. Tebow’s “choice” or celebrating that choice in 30 second ad spot during the Super Bowl. But they are not about choice. They are about abortion.

Add to the equation that it is not the Gator Nation that is paying for the ad but actually Focus on the Family, and “choice” people cannot live with the choice.

As a result of the “pro-choice” people trying to muzzle the Tebows, the ad – unseen - has already gotten as much exposure as it might generate on Super Sunday. If I were Focus on the Family, I’d be hoping CBS caved to the choice people in denying the Tebow’s their choice. Then I’d put the ad out on the Internet and watch it go viral. Then I’d make all of the Sunday talk shows. Then, having gotten 8-10 million in free advertising, I’d put the millions I was prepared to pay for the Super Bowl ad back in the bank. Mission accomplished. Millions saved. Then I’d send a thank you note to the “women’s groups” for helping me to get my message out and saving me millions.

What would really be marvelous is if the Focus on Family knew the predictable nature of the pro-choice lobby and their unhinged response to any choice not in lock-step with their own. Planning a judo ad campaign like that would be priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.

Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Many thanks

Here is my web blog :: Arthur Falcone