Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday Trifecta

"Friendly numbers" more Common Core stupidity
Several posts under Lex linked to a cite that noted the 10 dumbest Common Core questions.  The questions are not the only things that are dumb.  It turns out “teachers” who have bought into the debacle that is Common Core are not too bright themselves. In this link, correct answers that fail to use “friendly numbers” are marked down.  YGBSM.  No.  I’m not.  You cannot make this stuff up.  I’m going to try to use “friendly numbers” with the IRS this year.  Wanna bet how that will work out?

Hobby Lobby
OK, I admit that I do not get the argument left leaning idiots are making in this case.  They stand outside the Supreme Court insisting that a woman’s right to healthcare is between her and her doctor.  Bravo!  You go girl!  You’ve com a long baby.  I’m all for that proposition.

However, I don’t think that is what these lamebrains mean.  How can leftist say that when it is the government under Roberscare telling a 70 year old women who her doctor is and that she must be covered for contraceptives and if those contraceptives fail pre/post natal care, abortifacients and/or abortions?  Trust me the last one is coming.   Seems to me some big fat government bureaucrat is right in the middle of the “woman doctor” equation.

And if these chickypoos are so damned hear me roar independent, why are they asking someone else to pay for their screw ups?  Seems to me these oh so independent women are happy to tell everyone they can do anything a man can, except pay the bill.  Let’s be clear.  That’s all this is really about.  It isn’t a “women’s health issue.”  It’s a “who is going to pick up the tab” issue.

The oddest argument to come out of this is: If you let Hobby Lobby get away with not paying for women’s birth control, then the next step will be that companies refuse to pay for AIDS meds for homosexuals.  Which got me to thinking, if I were a skydiver, no one would object to an insurance company charging me more for my premium.  I wouldn’t object.  If I’m a chain smoking, alcoholic, skydiving, motorcycle riding, base jumping, rock climbing, pilot of an experimental aircraft I may not even be able to get insurance.  All of these activities have risks associated with them that could cause an insurance premium to explode and no one really gives a crap.

But if someone is engaged in risky homosexual activity, it’s bigotry and discrimination of the worse kind to charge more for the premium.  Well, Lex, you have to understand, they were born that way.  I believe I was born to weigh 400 pounds.  I don’t because I stop eating after the third Klondike Bar.  Well, they are in love Lex.  I love Klondike Bars.   Besides adrenalin junkies were likely born that way as well and have to have their fix.

The point of this is not some homosexual rant.  It’s a fact of life.  We are all born with things that we need to control.  But homosexuals are in love!  It doesn’t matter to the actuary tables of an insurance company.  All that matters is that they are engaged in risky behavior.  If you’re going to charge me more for smoking, why is it a crime to charge a homosexual more for engaging in an activity which, just like smoking, has been proven to promote disease and hasten death?

We’re all equal. It’s just that some are more equal than others.  Leftists get to choose.

FLT 370
Problem:  They say the plane may never be found.  Yet 100’s of millions of government dollars are being spent looking for it.
Solution:  Put a billion dollar bounty on that plane and let private industry find it.  If you don’t like the billion dollar bounty figure, pick a more “friendly” number.

No comments: