Monday, February 09, 2015

The Empty Suit's assault on Christianity

I’m still a bit POd about The empty Suit’s National Prayer Breakfast BS speech. 

I used think that the best way to PO a lefty Lib was to put a gun in the gun rack of your pickup truck with a “Nuke the whales” bumper sticker attached to the rear bumper and park it down at the Whole Foods store.  While I’m sure that that trick still works, I am now convinced that what these lefty loons really cannot stand is anything remotely associated in a positive way with Judeo Christian values.

I think a smart guy could make a pretty good case that we are returning to the early days of Christianity where Christians were widely persecuted.  For the first 300 years of Christianity, Christians were routinely persecuted for nothing more than believing.  The first 30 popes were martyred for leading the Catholic Church.  Today, it’s easy to point to the Middle East and Africa where churches are burned and the faithful displaced, taxed or murdered for their beliefs to find this persecution.  But Americans need look no further than their public schools and universities for evidence of anti-Christian bias.

I probably don’t need to recap the litany of challenges to religious freedom found in public schools and universities.  From prayer bans for sports teams to banning the mention of God during commencement speeches, Christians have been mostly silent while angry godless radicals shut us up.  Peer pressure being what it is, what teenager wants to be the “Jesus freak” who stands up and says, “Hold on there Skippy, I don’t care if you spend your joyless miserable life in a void.  I don’t care if you spend your life believing that the most powerful thing in the universe is the Internal Revenue Service.  I don’t care what you think.  But, you will NOT shut me up.  You will NOT keep me from telling the truth.  How selfish and cowardly am I if I know the truth of eternal life but refuse to share it because I’m afraid of you?”

I used to be of the opinion that faith was private thing.  And I still believe that  - up to the point that the government gets involved.  When the government starts white washing crosses out of city seals, destroying historic crosses on public land, banning the mention of God in public addresses, maybe we need to speak up.  St. Francis of Assisi said, “Preach the gospel at all times.  When necessary use words.”   I think we have reached the point where it is necessary not only to set the example but to also find our voice and start using words.  We have sat quietly by while godless radicals and spineless public bureaucrats have us fearing our government and public ridicule if we dare let slip the word God if not immediately followed by the word damn.

So I’ve placed a Redeemer Radio sicker in the back window of my pickup.  Now all I need is a gun rack for one of my shotguns and I’m ready to assault the sensibilities of the Whole Foods crowd.
Lefty thugs
OK enough evangelization for now.   Kevin Williamson over at National Review has an excellent and at times funny piece on how the lefty Libs get us to shut up.  It’s worth a few minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the Griffin...
Rather than be wrong about anything, the TES votes present. He looks for and finds reasons to not commit. He validates his noncommittally with obtuse historical references and addresses topics as overly complex and fraught with complications. He is The Empty Suit.