Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sure, that's about right for these two

Dumb and Dumber


And to think, I gave up painting because I thought I didn’t have any talent.  Looking at these monstrosities, I’m an over qualified presidential portrait painter. I actually thought the paintings were jokes, cartoons of two cartoonish figures and I still think that, but now I think of “joke” as in pathetic, not a ha, ha funny “joke”, which was my first impression.

Just to make sure I was thinking of the correct “official presidential portraits” I googled it and found this.  They are all fairly impressive paintings to this untrained eye, until I reached the portrait of another overrated Demo-Dope president, JFK.  That thing should be titled, “Hmm, now where did I put Judith Exner’s phone number.”

So now The Empty Suit’s gawdawful portrait will be added to the mostly dignified display of other presidents in the national gallery.  It should be on display at an abandon gas station on weekends with velvet Elvis’s and those rugs depicting Bengal tigers or parrots, sold from a dilapidated old van. 

The “painting” reminds of a couple of things.  First, the BS interview TES did on “Between two ferns.”  Was that the inspiration for this POS?  Next was the size of the thing.  I looked up other unveilings to get a sense of the size of a standard portrait.  TES’s looks a bit outsized for such a puny man of so few accomplishments. But then, had the artist painted it on a postage stamp it would still be outsized.  But, seriously folks, did we really expect anything dignified from these two tasteless buffoons?    

The Moochell Obama portrait, if it’s even possible, is worse.  My first impression was, what the hell?  Just, what the hell?


This is just one last sordid episode, one last sharp stick in the eye if you will, to the American public that footed the bill for this BS.  The Empty Suit and Moochell left the gallery high fiving each other, saying, “F*ck whitey.  Yeah the artist is a racist, those things are horrid, but at least they are way larger than the rest, cost more and are clearly the most hideous.  Now we can call anyone who tells the truth about the artistic value of our poster quality portraits a racist.”

2 comments:

The Griffin said...

The Michelle portrait looks as if the artist ran out of time before it was completed. And it does not look like her. The TES portrait is maybe more realistic as he is surrounded by Hawiaan canibus plants. In the years ahead people wonder where the real official portraits are located. And anyone that dislikes them are racist.

AF Bro said...

Lex, shame on you; you’re giving a bad name to my velvet Elvis and three fingered, left handed conquistador that adorned the walls of the “Oh my God!” room.