Friday, January 28, 2005

The pontifications of General Swimmer

Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Teddy to some because he’s like an overweight, drunk uncle who pinches his nieces bottoms, “the swimmer” to others because he drove his car off the Dike Bridge at Chappaquiddick, resulting in the drowning death of “that woman” passenger Mary Jo Kopechne then took 9 hours to sober up and report the accident, “the general” to still others for the sound military advice he gave to brother JFK in such places as the Bay of Pigs and Vietnam, yesterday said U.S. troops, instead of defeating the insurgency in Iraq, are spawning it. He called for immediate withdrawal of 12,000 troops after this weekend's election and a complete pullout by early next year. Teddy’s used to quitting. After diving down several times in an attempt to retrieve his “friend”, the swimmer said, “Ah what the hell, better get home and sober up.”

Now General Swimmer wants the nation to show all of the determination and honor that he was able to muster on July 18, 1969. He wants us to quit. The president, I suppose, could dawn a neck brace and go on nation wide TV, feign a tear or two from the Oval Office and explain how hard he tried to save Iraq.

What a great tribute to the 1,500 souls lost. Quit - Run away - When the going get tough do it the Democrat way. Why anyone would go before this blowhard and listen to him pontificate about anything is beyond me. Why the Democrat Party let’s this pant load open his mouth in public is another mystery. I hope I’m alive to hear some senate witness say to General Swimmer, “Look buddy, I’m not going to sit here and be lectured by you about anything. You are a morally bankrupt and pathetic figure. No one ever drowned in the back seat of my car. I’ve never stood around in my underwear while my nephew sexually assaulted a woman in my ‘Florida compound.’ You can ask your questions, but like someone taking the fifth, I will simply repeat what have just said.”

No comments: