Tuesday, July 25, 2006

If he only had brain

John Kerry said that if he were president there wouldn’t be a war in the Middle East today. A few other Kerry ifs:
If I were Ricky Bobby, I’d be leading the Nextel Cup.
If I played corner for USC, there is no way Vince Young scores late in the championship game.
If I were Lord Vader, there’s no way we lose to a rag tag bunch of Jedi’s.
If I stayed in Vietnam for my full tour of duty, there’s no way we loose.
If I had a brain, there’s no way I keep talking.

And so goes the Democrat strategy. “We need a new beginning.” “It’s time for a change.” “Had enough?” What is striking about the Democrat strategy is how little they say about what they intend to do or in Kerry’s case what he would have done. Dems are happy to go on TV and say Bush is evil incarnate without ever offering a single idea to advance America’s interests at home or abroad.

It’s easy to sit around at the coffee shop on Saturday morning and point out that the local high school team lost a close game. Then when asked what you might have done to avoid the loss say something brilliant like, “if I were the coach, we would have scored more points.” How? You finish your coffee and walk out. The boys at the coffee shop nod knowingly and think, there goes our next coach. Democrats have the exact same strategy.

No substance. No big ideas. If Americans return Democrats to power in Nov, we deserve Democrat solutions to our problems. Cut and run in Iraq and the greater Middle East, raise taxes and open the borders at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»