Monday, April 13, 2009

"The Honeymooners" economic plan

Boy am I ever feeling PATRIOTIC! I finished my taxes and e-filed last night. Of course, I owed the government money. That’s why I’m feeling so danged patriotic today. You might recall amoeba brained Slow Joe Biden telling us paying taxes was patriotic. Well for most of us. Of course if you’re the Treasury Secretary these rules do not apply, which would make you a treasonous bastard by comparison I suppose – right Joe?

Well paying taxes is the cost of a civil society. But at what point does the government’s take become too burdensome? And if the government is taking too much, why are we trillions and trillions in debt? And if the government is taking all of this money and still running a debt in addition to its confiscatory taxes why is it necessary for the government simply create an additional trillion WORTHLESS dollars?

Are you getting that? Let’s review:
High taxes.
Debt piled on debt.
Worthless money being printed around the clock.

This economic policy is beginning to sound as if it were concocted by Ralph Cramden and Ed Norton so they could get the money to buy new bowling shirts for Raccoon Lodge bowling team.

“I tell you Norton, this is the best idea I’ve ever had. By the time Alice and Trixie find out we’ve bankrupted the nation, we’ll have the new bowling shirts, won the South Side Inner City league championship and I’ll have been elected President of Bensonhurst Chapter of the Raccoon Lodge for pulling this whole thing off.”

“Yeah, I tell you Ralphie, or should I say 'Mr. President', you really out done yourself this time. Imagine bankrupting the entire country just so’s we can have new bowling shirts and so’s you can be president of the lodge. I don’t know how you do it Ralphie.”

Of course not a single one of Ralph's plans ever work and neither will this smoke and mirrors BS. Oh and by the way Turbo Tax Tim Geithner, I did my taxes using Turbo Tax. I just followed the prompts and got through the three day ordeal pretty much unscathed.

No comments: