Thursday, April 19, 2018

You don’t gut the bathroom to replace the mirror


As I was working my way to the back corner of the house in an attic filled with blown insulation (making it impossible to see the rafters) in order to replace the master bathroom fan, it dawned on me that my predicament was like that of PDJT’s.

I didn’t have to remodel the bathroom.  Once I committed to that, I didn’t need to replace the bathroom fan.  The old one still worked fine.  But I spent hours researching fans and decided on a new one for one reason - it looked nicer than the old one. And since I was going to have to be in the attic anyway, I decided to replace the fan in the guest bathroom as well and for the same reason. The guest fan also works fine.  The new one will look better.

So for two days now I have been carefully building cat walks to get to the fan locations without coming through the bedroom ceilings. It is dark, dirty, dusty, tedious, up and down 10,000 times in day work and I’m not even there yet.

Mrs. Lex is dubious that the effort will be worth the payoff.  My thinking is go big or the effort won’t be worth the trouble.  So the fan’s got to go.  The mirror, vanity, sinks, shower, stool and floor are all out as well.  If you’re going to tear things up and be inconvenienced for a month (or two, but tell that to Mrs. Lex) make it worth the effort.

That’s when it dawned on me that my bathroom remodel is like PDJT’s presidency.  His tweet storms, constant changing of the White House guard, sometimes insufferable arrogance and pettiness are only worth it for a really big reveal. He cannot gut the bathroom and then hang a gilded mirror on the wall and declare the job done.
    
PDJT’s idiosyncrasies are only tolerable for big change.  From where I sit, so far, so good.  The economy has taken off.  Employment is up.  Food stamps are down.  ISIS has been rolled back and Russians got their azzes kicked in Syria.  Taxes are down and NFL players are standing up (for the most part) for the anthem. China and its client state N Korea are responding to tough talk and actions.  NATO is paying up.  The Saudis claim to be interested in their own self-defense.  He’s working toward denuclearization and normalization of relations on the Korean Peninsula.  Allies respect and enemies fear the United States again.  All while the Dopes and MSM try to destroy him.

ASIDE:  If PDJT brings order to the Korean Peninsula, will he be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?  No.  Kim Jun Un will win the prize.  

Most importantly, PDJT continues to pee off all the right people.  The MSM, Dopes, Hollywood swells and the litany of #NEVERTRUMP creeps have managed to keep one foot in place while racing in a circle with their eyes shut, hands clasped over their ears and shouting F*CK TRUMP for 16 months now. 

PDJT needs play long ball.  Renaming post offices isn’t going to cut it for PDJT.  Closing the post office maybe.  Cutting Amazon’s sweetheart deal with the post office maybe.

Disclaimer:  I happen to enjoy many of PDJT’s rantings.  I consider myself an outlier in this regard because the more reasonable Mrs. Lex does not.

Starbucks update
My profiling skills failed me yesterday.  I assumed the two Starbucks freeloaders were homeless because of the their dress and their unwillingness to make a purchase.  Now I find that they were professionals.  That makes the situation more bizarre.  If you had the means to buy a cup coffee, azzbags, why didn’t you just do it? 

1 comment:

The Griffin said...

Starbucks business meeting? Similar to Lex and Griff meeting at The Breakers on Palm Island in cargo shorts and tennis shoes to discuss the 1973 Gender Road land deal.
Mirrors? As time marches on I find them less useful. I have transitioned from "looking good!" to "can I minimize the damage?". At some point I will reach the point where I will just be happy to "can I fog that mirror?".