Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The kiss of political death, Lex endores John Bolton for president

Glenn Beck has pretty much turned into an unlistenable idiot.  It would seem he’s turning on anyone not in total lock step with his way thinking.  That would make him the Harry the roach Reid of conservatives or as he would shout LIBERTARIAN!  He opposed Mitch McConnell in yesterday’s KY primary.  Fine, so did I.  Not because he’s not conservative enough, but simply because he’s been in Caligula D.C. for decades making him part of the problem.  I’d have voted for Matt Bevin.  That said, this morning I’m 100% behind McConnell in the general election.  Not Beck.  He’s convinced that McConnell will lose in the general.  That’s all the more reason for a guy like Beck to get behind McConnell.  Beck is content to take his ball and go home.

Beck has made it known again and again on his radio program that he will not support another “moderate” Republican presidential candidate.  He’s an idiot.  He throws Mitt Romney into that “moderate” category.  OK.  Romney’s not the most conservative candidate available.  This may shock you, because I’m way more conservative or even libertarian than Beck, but I still think Romney has the best skill set to get the country back on track.  So I’m silly enough to put the fate of the country ahead of my own admittedly narrow way of thinking on a whole range of issues to get the country back on solid financial footing.  IMHO Romney remains the best guy for that task.

Beck apparently is not willing to settle for half a bag or even 98%.  He wants 100% or nothing.  He’s fine with the Shrilldabeast, but won’t support Romney, Jeb Bush, Christie etc.  I wouldn’t vote for Bush or Christie in the primary, but I’d do what I could to keep another brain damaged Clinton from conducting their sordid “business” from the oval office.

Now, if I had it in my power to just pick a guy, it would probably be John Bolton.  Putin would put his shirt back on then crap himself, Saudis and other self-important Middle Eastern kings, princes, emirs and sultans would prepare to go from the 12 century back to the 7th, Iran would be openly chucking centrifuges into the Persian Gulf, Europe would wail, friends would rejoice, enemies would recalculate.  Best of all, if Harry the roach Reid lied about Bolton, Bolton would tell the truth about the roach.  That is something our current Republican “leadership” is too afraid to do.  I'd have Romney as VP to get our domestic house in order.

No comments: