Friday, December 12, 2014

Boehner folds without firing a shot, but we knew he would, Chaplain Lawhorn

Crybaby BS artist Dopelite Boehner
Yeah, John Boehner is weasel, wrapped in slug covered in bovine excrement for passing a 1,700 page CRomnibus that funds Robertscare, amnesty, abortion ect. etc. etc.  My own congressman Marlin Stutzman voted in favor of the CRomnibus in the rules vote allowing it pass for a house vote.  Then, claiming he was tricked, he voted against the final passage.  Exactly – he was for it before he was against it.  I e-mailed him.  I’d never vote for him again.  I’d offer what little money and talent I had to anyone in a primary against him. 

The curious case of Chaplain Lawhorn
I was made aware of the story of Army Ranger Chaplain (Captain) Joe Lawhorn by a former Navy chaplain friend of mine.  The short story of Chaplain Lawhorn can be found here.  The longer more well documented more legalize version can be found here.  I don’t know why these type of things bother me, but they do.  I spent a good bit of time yesterday looking into the matter.  After being convinced the facts of the matter were accurate, I wrote the letter below. 

Colonel Fivecoat’s impressive resume is here.  For those not familiar with the HBO series Band of Brothers and reference in the letter below to Captain Herbert Sobel, his story is here

Colonel David Fivecoat
Commander
Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade
6850 Barron Ave, Building 85
Fort Benning, GA 31905

Dear Colonel Fivecoat:

I’ve read what’s available on your biography, so I know you’re bright and possess physical courage.  As a 20 year Marine Corps veteran, I know better than to confuse physical courage with moral courage or leadership.  They are all different and distinct.  Possessing one does not presuppose that the others are on board.

I guess that is what concerns me most about your treatment of Chaplain Lawhorn.  Given your background how could you get it so wrong?  The fact that you rescinded your first letter of concern to the chaplain indicates to me that you know that you’re on thin ice, but rather than admit your error, I believe you are now engaged in some sort of face-saving exercise.

For the first time in life, I’m relieved that my son shows no interest in joining the United States military.  I used to encourage young people to join.  I don’t anymore.  I sense an absolute absence of strong moral leadership at the higher levels of today’s military.  I’m happy my son is not going to be exposed to politically correct, keep the whiners happy at all cost, dumb it down, lower the standards ignore the results “management style” that seems to pass for “leadership” among today’s ranking military.  And what it seems is being “managed” by these “leaders” is not so much the unit as their next promotion.

Oh, and what a nice touch having the chaplain in on Thanksgiving Day to issue him a letter of concern that you later had to rescind.  You really know how to spread the joy.  Some might call that move unnecessary, petty, thoughtless, tactless, tasteless and just plain wrong.  Congratulations!  When I read that, I got a mental image of David Schwimmer as Captain Herbert Sobel in Band of Brothers commanding the Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade.  Fall the brigade in for another run up Currahee colonel.

Given the date, I could wish you a Merry Christmas, but I wouldn’t want any such seasonal greeting to offend your hyper sensitive secular sensibilities.  So I’ll just bid you, good day, sir.

No comments: