Thursday, February 06, 2020

Acquittal is forever

PDJT has been acquitted for life of the bogus House article of impeachment.
 
In the past Lex had equated the Demo-Dopes to Wile E. Coyote.  That’s a pretty accurate picture of how things have worked out for the Dopes tilting at PDJT.  It always blows up in their faces. 

Mark Steyn has another apt comparison.  Steyn compares Dopes to Yosemite Sam.  You know the high strung mustachioed cartoon character most often depicted as a cowboy or miner.  Sam’s antagonist was Bugs Bunny.  Sam’s last lament when the dynamite he planted under Bug Bunny’s feet ends up going off in Sam’s pants is, “Dad blame rabbit.” So now Dopes, who just had their collective hats handed to them on impeachment by PDJT, are stammering again and again, “Dad blame Trump!”

For impeachment we can go with Wile E. Coyote being played by Schitffy Schiff and Yosemite Sam being played by Fat Jerry Nadler.  Two F-ing losers are being bested time and again by PDJT.

Speaking of losers, how about Pete Derelict-O, AKA Willard Mittens Romney.  Isn’t it always one of our guys turning turn coat when the going gets tough. Pete Derelict-O is a petty sore loser.  He’s a rotten weasel.  Mittens is a bigger double D-bag than any of the Dopes.  

The entire thing was political, Pete.  As such it should have been disposed of in a political way.  Mitt you are a coward and a loser.  You couldn’t finish off Barry O when you had him on the ropes, instead you folded like a piece of colored paper at an origami convention.  Weak and stupid is not a good look, Mittens, but sadly that’s you.  I’d still vote for your sorry cowardly azz against just about any Dope though.  I’d just consider it a vote against any communist.  So it ain't saying much.    

The entire impeachment was like watching the replay of the Super Bowl.  Everyone knows how it’s going to end.  It was a total waste of time and resources.


Today's JG Rant
Mark Beck’s letter “Pay is just one way teachers are devalued” of January 25, 2020 is cautionary tale for young people.  Someone once told me young people have to make two of the most consequential decisions of their lives early in their lives when they are least prepared to make them – choosing a career and choosing a life partner. 

When choosing a career the two big questions are, do I follow my heart and do what I love or follow the bucks and make a good living.

In 1978 I left a high wage union job for a career in the Marine Corps.  When filed my first income tax as a second lieutenant, I discovered that I’d have been a bit better off if I’d stayed with the union.  But the union job wouldn’t have me traveling cross country doing exciting things with highly motivated and skilled people in every clime and place.  I was doing something I thought was worthwhile, important and satisfying. In the Marine Corps, I liked what I was doing.  In the union job, I liked the money.  So I stayed in the Marine Corps for 20 years. 

Today the average second lieutenant earns a base of pay of about $38,256.  For that sum America gets an educated highly trained individual sworn to support the constitution, ready to leave their home and family for world-wide deployment at an instant, required to maintain a healthy height weight ratio, subject to mandatory drug and physical fitness testing, required to maintain thousands of dollars of uniforms, subject to civil justice as well justice under the UCMJ and willing to risk life and limb engaging in serious and deadly combat at the behest of their government.  All of those conditions exist 24/7 365, not just nine months out of the year 7am-4:30pm.  That’s not a bad deal for American taxpayers.

Now I’m pretty sure if lieutenants, like most seasonal workers, found themselves with three months off every year, they’d go about finding ways to supplement their income with other work rather than begging Uncle Sam to pay them for not working for three months.

Teaching is a tough job.  I know.  I tried it.  I couldn’t do it.  The very best teachers like the very best Marines aren’t in it for the money. As Gunny H once put it when a Marine complained about pay, “Well, if you joined the Marine Corps for the money, you fouled up.”       


Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:00 am
Letters
Pay is just one way teachers are devalued
In 1976, as a first-year teacher whose own child was entering school, and for a few years thereafter, my child qualified for reduced-price lunches based upon my meager salary in an Indiana public school. I also had significant repayments of student loans. We got by, partly by my taking on 17 years of half-time, year-round outside employment, which also detracted from giving full attention to my chosen profession.
Reading “Signs of struggle” about free and reduced-priced school lunches (Jan. 19) prompted me to look at the current salaries in the northern Indiana school district where I began my career. If I were to do it all over again, as a beginning teacher with a spouse and one child on the 2019-20 salary in that same district, I would earn $37,000. The income to qualify for reduced-price lunches for a household of three is $38,443 or less, so my child would still qualify for reduced-price lunches – probably for several years.
Indiana expects, as it should, teachers to educate students to the highest standards while denying the financial benefits of professional achievement to our teachers and their own children. Indiana legislators and governors past and present have talked about improving schools by helping teachers and improving salaries – nothing but promises, empty and delayed, at least for the past 44 years.
We need bright, multitalented individuals to take on the diverse challenges of teaching, but as a state and culture, through low salaries, social and political attacks on the profession, and continued erosion of public school funding by privatization, we do little to incentivize talented young people to consider the profession. As a state, we need to reevaluate our priorities and take action to improve public schools by respecting teaching as a profession and teachers as skilled professionals.
Mark Beck
Fort Wayne 

No comments: