Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Enough 9-11 sad, more 9-11 mad

Is anyone else tired of the morose nature of the 9-11 tributes?  I think every year we do this the Islamo-Terror-Fascists who visited this war on our homeland rejoice and do a victory dance at our grief.

I turned off the news yesterday because I am so tired of it.  That no doubt makes me a horrible person.

It’s not that I’m not sympathetic to the loss of so many, I am. But being sad is not enough.  I’m mad, and I don’t see enough anger about what happened 17 years ago.  Every year on 9-11 the whole nation is like the locker room of a football team that just lost the championship game to an inferior team. 

Here’s what we ought to do.  Treat 9-11 like Memorial Day.  Lower the flag to half-staff until noon in remembrance of the victims/heroes of that day.  Then raise the flag and drop dozens of MOABs on the ITF in places around the world where they least expect it. Use the day to remember and then to beat the sh*t out the azzholes who still want to and worse think they can F- with us.

In short, 9-11 ought to be a day the ITF rats lower their heads, look over their shoulders, dig a bit deep and live in fear.  Kill them where they work.  Kill them where they play.  Kill them where they eat.  Kill anyone supplying them money, arms or support.

Every 9-11 these f-ers ought to be living in paralyzing fear for their lives and the lives of anyone – including family – who supports their nefarious BS.

We need to change the locker room picture and the feeling around the country from a team that lost the game to a team that is 3 points down at the half and chomping at the bit to get after the team that cheated and played dirty to get ahead.
  

Facebook rant
Other than when I try to get banned, I don’t often weigh in on Facebook.  In fact I’ve tried in vain to quit my Facebook account.  But Facebook apparently is like the Hotel CA, the mob, the communist party etc.  You can checkout, but you can never leave.

A friend posted a blurb about a growing number of military members supporting Colin Kaepernick.  I let it go the first time I saw it.  When it cropped up again using a military member who apparently suggested to Kaepernick that he kneel (like a Marine presenting a flag to the next of kin) rather than sitting on the bench I responded to my friend:

My guess is that any military support for NFL players kneeling during the anthem is from outliers (Bergdahl & Manning no doubt support kneeling) rather than mainstream service members.  It’s probably a 80-85% to 20-15% split among the military. In my own day, I’d guess it have been a 95%/5% split.

Only the most obtuse would think that kneeling to present a folded American flag to the next of kin at a funeral is the same as kneeling during the anthem i.e. raising the flag, at a football game.  Also kneeling to present the flag to the next of kin is not universal.  Having done it, often the official will simply bend at the waist, present the flag, offer condolences and render a ceremonial salute.

Consider this, suppose that you are a multi-millionaire. You can live anywhere in the world you choose.  You believe that where you live now is a hell hole where your family is threatened by the police for nothing more than the color of their skin. What would you do?

If I thought that my family was threatened in that manner and I had the means, I’d move them to safety. ASAP.

How many kneelers have taken the opportunity to move their families to “safety”?  Not one that I know of.  It’s all BS.

I do not care if they kneel or not.  I don’t watch.  Not because of the kneeling, but rather because no one in the stadium – including the referees - knows what constitutes a completed forward pass anymore. The game sucks.

All that said, it remains a free country.  There’s nothing but common sense and common decency that keeps a man from shouting “I had her (the bride) in the back seat of my car a year ago” at a wedding. It says more about the honor of America that allows such doltish behavior than anyone who engages in it.

When kneeling becomes passé, what’s next?  Spitting on the flag? Standing on it?  Defecating on it?  I don’t get it. Just stand.

After that post another compared kneeling in church to the NFL protests, to which I responded:

Good point.  So kneeling to the Lord and Savior of mankind is the same as…what?

No comments: