Monday, May 05, 2008

The Dems best hope: Draft Oprah

Oprah Winfrey has all the same qualifications to be president as B-HO but, she has better judgment. If you believe what’s in NewsWEAK, and really unless it’s confirmed by Fox News, why would you, Oprah attended right Rev Wright’s Trinity United for about ten years starting in 1984. According to NewsWEAK, she quit in the mid 90’s because she thought Wright’s “sermons” were a bit over the top.

But then NewsWEAK quotes a life-long friend as saying, "Oprah is a businesswoman, first and foremost." Well here’s a flash to the dopes at NewsWEAK, quitting a church for “business” reasons ain’t exactly a profile in courage. It’s as if Oprah said to herself, “Yeah, this guy’s a bit over the top – he’s right, of course, but a bit over the top – I just don’t know how the vacuous white women who populate my audience would take it. I’d better cut it off before Rosie gets wind of Wright. That might cause idiot white women to start listening to one of their own.”

So, for whatever reason, Oprah had the good judgment to get out of Trinity United a full ten years ahead of B-HO and before it ruined her. Given that their other qualifications to be president are equal at zero, Oprah ought to get the nod for having the better judgment of the two.

Also, Oprah didn’t have to go through eight or ten iterations responding to Wright. B-HO went from a chuckle; to well this all much ado about nothing; to I wasn’t there for any of those sermons; to I didn’t hear about any of it; to I didn’t know about any of it; to yeah, well sure some of that stuff was a bit over the top but it was taken out of context; to OK it’s all in context but it’s a black thing; to OK it’s all true but I can’t disown a racist anti American, Jew and Whitey hating lunatic any more than I can disown my own racist grandmother who raised me; to can’t we all get along and move on; to WHAT! Wright is dissing ME! Well that just tears it. I can put up with anti-American rants, Jew baiting and blame Whitey for everything sermons, but when he calls ME, the great B-HO, a typical politician, well then, I must denounce him just like I denounced bitter white people who cling to religion and guns. After all (nose extended high above everyone) I am the great B-HO and I’m better than most everyone.

When this whole thing broke, Lex noted that B-HO was either a liar or a dope. Unless you’re a dope, you couldn’t have sat in that church for 20 YEARS and not known Wright was a lunatic. It only took Oprah 10 years to figure it out.

Therefore, in that the Dem party is in mess, I think Superdelegates ought to get behind a draft Oprah campaign. She has the exact same qualifications for president as the current front runner and better judgment. Save us Oprah.

No comments: