Thursday, May 31, 2018

ABC is full of sh*t


Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a c*nt.  She still has a show.  Bill Maher, among other things, called PDJT an ape.  He still has a show.  In an insane tweet, the unhinged Keith Olbermann called PDJT f-ing Nazi over and over and over again.

ABC fired Rosanne for a racist tweet comparing Val Jarrett to the Muslim Bros. and the inherently racist Planet of the Apes franchise.  ABC used a long line of modifiers to condemn Rosanne - abhorrent, repugnant, unacceptable, heinous, dastardly, ugly, detestable, loathsome, nasty, vile (insert any other horrible modifiers you think of here) and inconsistent with our values to condemn Rosanne.   

So ABC - what is the Olbermann tweet?  Since he still has job after his abhorrent and repugnant tweet, the only reasonable conclusion is that Olbermann’s lunacy IS CONSISTENT with ABC’s values. 

Here’s the deal.  ABC wanted Rosanne gone from day one.  This made the perfect excuse.  The show had to go.  Here’s how I know.  ABC could have fired Rosanne and kept the show.  Some show fired its star – Charlie Sheen – and brought in a hew guy.  So why didn’t ABC can Rosanne and bring in another actress to play lead?  Why was ABC's #1 show and all of the innocents who worked on it kicked to the curb because of Rosanne’s tweet?

Easy.  The show did not toe ABC’s Lefty Lib lock step BS. 

That’s weird.  I don’t watch much TV*.  I did watch one episode of Rosanne to see what the buzz was all about. I didn’t find it particularly political - or funny.  What little politics did get covered was a reasonable give a take.  I found it Lib on social issues and conservative on economics.

NOTE*  I don’t watch much TV for the same reason I don’t go to movies.  Why support industries that continuously mock and ridicule me?  Why support people who would condemn me in the strongest terms if my opinions were ever mainstreamed?  So I don’t watch.   I don’t go unless, Mrs. Lex recommends it.  I think it’s been 2-3 years since that happened.

Back to the Rosanne episode - I also found it tedious.   I was glad when it over and never tuned in again.

Yesterday’s Disaster
I spent the entire day doing “an hour” job fixing the tractor at the compound.  It blew a hydraulic hose.  Easy peasy.  Get a new hose, replace the hydraulic fluid and drive on.  Suffice it to say, like war, even the easy becomes difficult at the compound.

Here’s just a sample of how the day progressed.  I get the hose at NAPA.  I look at it.  I tell the clerk, “That doesn’t look to be the same size.”  “Don’t worry.  The outside is different but the inside is correct.”  It wasn’t. Back to the store where the clerk reports, “Oh sorry.  We don’t have that size.”  Off to three more stores and on and on and on. 

It shouldn’t more than 30 minutes to finish the job this morning, and the Devil responds, “Bwaaahhahahaha.”      

No comments: