Thursday, May 17, 2018

An apology or 10 will not matter


There’s this story from Andy Cooper that claims that PDJT’s White House has been instructed not to apologize.  Sounds about like PDJT, because he has a 6th sense about doing the right thing even if a bit out of the norm.  Not apologizing is absolutely the correct thing for the PDJT White House to do. Why the heck should they apologize for anything? The left is incapable of accepting an apology.

Here’s a truism.  John McCain, like all of us, is still dying.  His opinion of Gina Haspel made not one bit of difference in her being confirmed out of committee yesterday. It won't make one bit of difference in the final vote in the full senate.  But when a WH staffer made that observation a couple of days ago, “It (McCain’s opinion on Haspel)doesn’t matter he’s dying anyway” all heck broke loose. 

An apology was demanded.  So the staffer called McCain and apologized.  Not good enough!!  The apology must be made to the public.  Why should the staffer apologize to me?  I find nothing wrong with the comment, and it wasn’t directed to me anyway. The comment was made in private, so a private apology, it seems to me, is appropriate. 

ASIDE: I once made an azz of myself at Scout Committee meeting.  I later apologized to the committee.  I didn't take out a full page ad in the Ft. Wayne Urinal Gazette.  Unlike Demo-Dopes, the committee graciously accepted the apology and we all moved on. 

No matter what the staffer does, the left will continue its faux outrage.   So why bother?  Here’s the apology, “I'M SORRY if you want me to publicly apologize for telling the truth about McCain.  I’m not going to do it.  I apologized to McCain personally.  I’m SORRY.  That’s all you are going to get.

“Here’s why.  An apology was demanded.  I apologized. It wasn’t good enough.  Now a public apology is demanded.  If I do that, it won’t be good enough.  My sincerity will be questioned.  So a more sincere apology will be demanded.  When I make that third apology, it will be said that I’m just trying to save my job.  When the fourth, fifth, and sixth apologies are made, it will be said that I cannot get out from under the controversy and I should be fired for the good of the country.

“So I apologized to the McCains.  That’s it.  That’s all you’re going to get and to the point, the apology wasn’t accepted by all the McCains.  Meghan is demanding a public apology. That won’t be enough.

“Fortunately I work for man, not a Republican azzweasel.  No more apologies.” 

North Korean summit
The news is all abuzz with the hope that Lil’ Rocket Man will cancel his summit with PDJT. For the MSM better to get back to the good ‘ol days of possible nuclear annihilation than to denuclearization of the peninsula.  San Francisco going up in smoke would be a fair price to pay to deny PDJT another victory and a Nobel Prize.

Come to think of it, San Francisco going up in smoke would be a fair price to pay for a cup of coffee from my view from the compound.

Here’s the thing.  There is no down side for Lil Rocket Man sitting down with PDJT.  The way these things have worked to date is that the N Koreans sit down, make promises, get concessions, break the promises and keep the concessions.  The worst that can happen for N Korea at any summit is the status quo. 

So my sense of the N Korean bluster is that it’s all…well bluster.  If N Korea cancels the talks over a military exercise that has been on the books for 18 months, PDJT should stage an unannounced military exercise for Sep in place of the summit.

My guess is that the talks will go on.  Lefty Libs heads’ will explode.  Another upside to the talks.   
       

1 comment:

The Griffin said...

Interested parties as to the NOKO summit would be Assad, Iranian mullahs, Hezbollah, and a few other screwball bullies/mass murderers. As the Iowa Hawk would say, "To see the cut of his job" as Trump works a "deal" with Rocketman. And what is the deal? Trump has all the cards. Sanctions, UN power, military dominance, US wealth, cyber dominance, etc. All of this is worthless unless it is used. And the MSM waiting to pounce Trump, as the voters know the MSM is BS.