Tuesday, June 04, 2019

The Brit visit

Oh my, Lex was laid low by a kidney stone since Saturday morning when I was roused from a sound sleep by an excruciating pain in my side.  It continued all day.  Woke up with it on Sunday and finally consented to an ER visit. The professionals quickly diagnosed a kidney stone and sent me home with pain meds in hope that the stone would pass in a day or two.  Yesterday was tough.  Today is much, much better.  I don’t now if the stone passed or not and still have a bit of pain, but it’s nothing like before.   

So it’s with that background that I sincerely wish that SFBs Londinistan Mayor Sadiq Kahn is forced to pass 10,000 kidney stone before his ultimate demise.

That’s a clue that I watched a lot of PDJT’s visit to London and the reaction to it.  Here’s my reaction to all that jazz in no particular order.

The British are masters at putting on a show.  It was all very beautiful.  It reminded me of what a USCENTCON general once said about the Brits.  “We show up with two divisions with all the air cover and logistics to support that force.  The Brits show up with a Sergeant Major and a band and want to run the whole damn show.”  God bless the Brits.

Today there are supposed to be 250,000 protesters in London.  Who takes the day off work to protest a leader from another country who is in town to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of D-Day? Which reminds me of what another general once said about the Brits when they walked out of a planning session at 1700 (5pm) saying the “The Queen only pays us to 5.”  “Gotta love the Brits.  They are 50 years behind us and working half days to catch up.”  The corollary to that is when a Brit told me after weeks of late night planning for a pretty ordinary exercise, as he exited the office a 5pm, “My God mate, what will you people do if you go to war?  You’ll have no room to ramp up.”  Or the time a Brit told me, “We once gave an American colonel and his staff of 6 or so officers parking spaces, offices and computers but no specific tasks or orders and within the week they were all working overtime.”  Culture I suppose.

PDJT is pushing a no Brexit option.  I don’t understand any of this.  I suppose it’s terribly complicated, like moving the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.  No wait, people said that would be complicated, but it really wasn’t.  Anyhoo, I don’t get it.  Seems to me it’s a bit like a divorce.  If one party wants out, it’s probably best for both parties to come to an agreement to allow that to happen as smoothly as possible. What good is going to come of forcing an unwilling partner to stay?  Most horrific divorce stories arise around money and kids. So you can bet the Brexit hold up all about money.  The EU is running a shake down scheme on the Brits. PDJT’s response is to just pack up and leave.  F- ‘em.

Is Meghan Markel nasty?  Probably, but I think PDJT was speaking in shorthand.  First, who the hell is Meghan Markel?  Next when the interviewer stated that Markel had been critical of PDJT in the past, his response was, “I didn’t know she was nasty.”  He might have continued with “…nasty to me in the past” which I think is pretty clear what he meant.  Does PDJT think Markel is a skank bee-atch? Probably not, but PDJT will NEVER, EVER, EVEN ONCE get the benefit of the doubt with these jackals.  It was fun to watch CNN and MSNBC play the nasty remark in loop for hours. They referred to Markel as “the most beloved among British royals.”  Hmm, I don’t know.  Considering the source, I doubt it.  I think the queen or one of the little kids might out poll a loud-mouthed Yank among Brits.

The CNN effect on Brits is weird.  The lowest ranked cable news network in America is the ONLY American news outlet available in the UK – weirder.  What the hell kind of metrics were the Brits looking at?  Do those metrics apply to other areas?   
Cars
“Well we can buy American cars from Ford or Chevy or we can get them from the Saturn car company.”

“No, Barry The Empty Suit shut Saturn down.”

“Perfect!  Let’s double our order!”

Sports
“We can get the NFL Sunday Ticket from America or we can get unlimited coverage of American curling.  I think the answer is clear – curling it is.”

TV
“We can get Netflix’s or PBS, clearly we want PBS.”  

Does any of that make any sense? 

1 comment:

The Griffin said...

A comedian said that Brits and Canadians now living longer than Americans. It's because Americans work harder and are more efficient. They get their life's work done sooner then die.