Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Waiting for Larry

Gee there I was flipping a coin and playing rock, paper, scissors trying to figure out if I should go for Mitt, Rudy or Fred when The Oprah comes out for Barack. Whoddathunkit? Well that changes everything. If The Oprah is for Barack, how can I be for anyone else?

Why should I have to think for myself and do all of that tedious comparing and contrasting when I can just go with the judgment of my favorite pop culture icon? Who, by the way, is probably less capable of making a sound political judgment than Lex jr.

The Oprah and Obama has to be the most successful political/pop culture duo since Cambodian war hero John Kerry teamed up with Bruce Springsteen. Hmm, wait a minute, that didn’t really work out. How about Al Gore and Whoopie Goldberg? No, not really. Sean Penn and Dennis Kucinich? Yeah, that’s the one that’s really working.

About the only one of things that can be argued to have worked is Chuck Norris’ endorsement of Mike Huckabee. Shortly after Walker Texas Ranger endorsed Huckabee, Huckabee began his meteoric assent. There is only one conclusion that can be draw from these facts, Norris is bigger than The Oprah.

Look, I’m keeping my powder dry and waiting for an endorsement I can trust. Not until Larry the Cable Guy announces his support for a candidate can I be counted on to follow like a lost sheep.

No comments: