Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!

Proof positive God has a sense of humor
In an effort to convince us that the world is ending due to global warming, a bunch global warm-mongers headed to Antarctica to record what was supposed to be the massive ice loss in that region.  Guess what?  The ship that they were aboard to make their survey got stuck in record amounts of ice.  Two rescue ships – ironically icebreakers - are also having trouble reaching the first ship.  Warm-mongers are blaming “climate change” for the record ice.  You seriously cannot make this stuff up.  The Onion or People’s Cube wouldn’t even attempt something so down right ironic.

Resolutions
The usual:

Lose 15 poun, uh make that 20 poun, OK,OK, OK 30 lbs.

Stop cussing

Read the Bible

And for the 150,001 time raise the discussion on this page from about the 8th grade level to at least a sophomoric level.  The way this page works is that I get up turn on the coffee pot and computer and turn to Breitbart, Drudge, Townhall, Twitchy, Hot Air etc. until I find something that suites me.  Once found, I tap out a stream of consciousness on that subject for about 20 minutes.  If the whole thing takes more than an hour, I’m OP’d at myself.  The key to this timeline is not to vacillate too much over the choice of words.  So whatever pops into my juvenile mind is what I generally go with.  Much of that is crude.

I’ve often wondered, what if one Lex Jr’s teachers or friend’s parents, or God forbid Father Dan stumble upon the page?  It’d be a bit embarrassing.  So I resolve to dedicate a full 62 minutes to each post to scrub out some of the more biting sarcasm and name calling.  This approach generally works for about a week.  So, we’ll see.

And the winner is…
Lex, of course, dominated the voting for Lex’s man of the year, but being a humble sort, I’ve decided to pass my win onto the runner up which is - Phil Robertson.  The Pope it seems has already won two major awards, Time’s Man of the Year and he also made the “best dressed list” which is weird because the Pope’s get up hasn’t changed since I can remember.

Phil does such a great and unrepentant job of tweaking Libs it’s fun to watch.  Way to go Phil.  You are of course invited to the compound to receive your award.

Advice
I give this advice at the beginning of every New Year and it has always worked out well.  I get a lot of complements on how very wise this advice is and how much trouble and waste it saves.  I’ve been considered for a Nobel Prize for this one bit life changing advice.  So here goes:

Do this right now while you’re thinking about it.  Mark the first 10 checks in your checkbook “2014.”  Do it right now, and thank me later.  I have once again saved banks millions by not having to deal “year old” checks in the system.

Cheers and a Happy, Happy, Happy (a little Phil Robertson lingo there) New Year to all.

No comments: