Sunday, June 19, 2005

Apologize and change your excrement suit

Dick (And yes it is getting harder and harder not use the obvious yet descriptive but still vulgar compound word composed of his first name and the upper most portion of the human anatomy. A friend - a Marine friend no less - whose worse epitaph was a rare “Dang it!” once called a particularly incompetent yet continuously medaling senior officer an "RC." Like, “If that RC doesn’t quit sticking his nose in my business, my dang head’s going to explode.” “RC?” I puzzled. He says, “Yeah, RC, you know, Richard Cranium.” Always the obtuse one, I tilted my head like the RCA dog and walked a way. I was half way across the motor pool when I finally got it. I shouted back, “Wilson, there’s hope for you yet.” I just never thought that that particular vulgarity would ever cross this man’s mind - even twice removed as it was. So, if Wilson uses it, it can’t be vulgar and I may stoop to calling him RC.) Durbin, after burying himself in a heap of it, is now stepping from one pile of excrement to another.

Last Tuesday’s comparison of US forces to Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot was the heap of excrement RC buried himself in. He got up, and without changing clothes or showering, decided he’d weigh in on US energy policy on Wed. He stated the country that completed the Manhattan project before the Germans in WWII could develop clean efficient energy sources. President Bush has proposed expanding the use of nuclear fuel. Does anyone seriously expect RC or any Democrat to support the president’s proposal?

Then by Wed. afternoon the stench of RC’s Tues. remarks had permeated the senate side of Capitol Hill and had wafted up Pennsylvania Ave. to the White House. Senators and White House spokesmen were calling RC’s remarks egregiously uninformed and obscene. Still wearing his excrement suit and with a fresh layer on one shoe from his dopey remarks about nuclear power, RC stuck the other foot into a fresh pile when he blamed the right wing media for making much ado about nothing. “Yes, yes, of course I said what I said no point in denying that – I would, but it’s on tape. But you evil Republicans and the media have taken my words and reported exactly what I said and that’s not fair. Beside Karl Rove implanted the same ‘say something stupid chip’ into my brain that he is using on Howard Dean, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Pat Leahy, Ted Kennedy – Oh, hell just about any Democrat that opens his/her mouth. It’s all the Republicans’ fault that the Democrats sound so anti-American.”

Fri., having last showered sometime on Mon., RC got up and put on the same excrement shirt and suit. He grabbed a gravy stained tie, lifted one arm and took a sniff, “Ahh, fresh as a daisy.” RC decided to end all of this controversy before the Sun. talk shows. Taking a fresh bucket of excrement to the senate floor he stood in it and issued the following statement, “My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration, which add to the risk our soldiers face. I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”

Translation, “When I say something incredibly stupid and anti-American, it’s up to the media and the American people to ignore my stupidity or report ‘my true feelings’ in a more favorable light. It’s up to you – the media and the American people – to make me look good no matter what I say.”

Remember, more people have died in the backseat of Teddy’s car than at Gitmo. RC is proof positive it is not yet safe to vote Democrat.

No comments: