Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Yes ambassador, but how many votes did you get in the senate

Well Dick Durbin finally got a clue and apologized. If you call these words an apology, “Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line, and to them I extend my heartfelt apologies.” “Some may believe” – but the moonbat Dem base don’t so I’m still OK – “to them I extend my heartfelt apologies” – can’t believe I’m apologizing to people who will never vote for me anyway. It seems Durbin’s choice of words still places the blame for the whole fiasco squarely on the shoulders of those offended by his thoughtless remarks. It’s sort of like the Steve Martin bit on Saturday Night Live. “Well EXCUUUUSE me for comparing the greatest, freest, most powerful, most generous, most compassionate, most creative nation in the history of the world with Nazis, Soviets and Khmer Rouge.” I don’t believe the apology is one bit sincere, but I guess you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. So, we’ll drop this until the next time Durbin spouts off with what he believes to be the truth and ends up offending the sensibilities of everyone with a brain. That would be everyone, save the anti-American Libs that comprise the Dem base.

On a funnier note, Neil Kinnock wannabe, Joe Biden has torpedoed John Bolton’s nomination to the UN. Biden wants more information from the White House on Bolton. The president has said no. This was probably a good move on the president’s part. Once you give in, the list of things dopes like Biden would demand would be endless. So now the MSM is forwarding the idiotic idea that the nomination should be dropped because the UN ambassador’s position would be too weakened were he to become recess appointment. Oh yeah, I’m sure the first thing diplomats will be asking Bolton is, “How many votes did you get in the senate?”

Were I the president all law abiding citizens 21 years and older would be required to carry a firearm that starts with a 4 or higher, smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, drive a large American made car…oops sorry that’s not the point. Let’s try again. Were I the president I’d tell Joe Biden, “Look you ran for president once and got your butt kicked. You are going to run again and you’ll get your butt kicked. I’ve run twice and won twice. There are consequences to elections. The winner gets to pick his team. I want Bolton on my team. If there are enough moonbats out there for you to be president in ‘08, sorry for laughing, well you can replace Bolton. For now, just give him an up or down vote.”

I’d make the Dems vote twice a week on Bolton. Then I’d start running ads in FL, NE, MN, WV, WI, MI, NM and ND. After noting the 10 or so current UN scandals, I’d ask, “Why are Senate Democrats obstructing UN reform?”

No comments: