Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dems attack private citizens

With nothing left to accomplish, Harry Reid and senate Democrats took time off from doing the people’s business to give the business to one of the people. In what seems to me to be an unprecedented move, 41 US Senators have rolled in on a private citizen in an effort to shut that citizen up. Harry constructed a letter to send to Rush Limbaugh’s bosses at Clear Channel Radio in an effort to extract an apology for something that never happened. In lemming like fashion 41 of Harry’s troops signed the letter.

Clear Channel correctly and politely told the Democrats to go to hell.

Lex fired off the following to Sen Jim Webb of VA:


Of all the senators who signed it, I was most disappointed to see your name affixed to Harry Reid’s partisan attack on a private citizen. I listened live to the very show Mr. Reid is using to malign Rush. It is impossible for me to understand how anyone can listen to the tape of what was said on that show or even read the transcript and come to the conclusion that Rush was calling anyone but actual phonies “phony soldiers.”

As a former Marine myself, I’d hoped for better from you. I’d hoped you’d bring some sense of honor to what has become a soulless body more interested in gottcha politics than doing what is right for the country.

I hope that you were just lazy, have not listened to the tape and signed Mr. Reid’s letter in haste. Given your history, I doubt that is the case. Therefore I must conclude that you have already sold out. Your party loyalty has trumped national loyalty and you have chosen the path of the career politician. Shame on you.

In the hope you find your way,
Semper Fi,

No comments: