Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bill Clinton opposed supporting the troops from the begining

People in the MSM are in a tizzy trying to cover for Bill Clinton because he got caught telling another whopper. Given the Clinton’s proclivity to lie, covering for the Clintons has become pretty much fulltime job for the MSM. You can imagine a staff of 8-10 writers at the NY Times sitting around trying to figure out how to spin Clintonspeak (AKA lying) into something believable. Since it’s the campaign season and the lies are coming faster than Dale Jr. on the backstretch at Talledega they’ve probably had to hire extra help to keep up.

The latest really big one, even 10-12 writers can’t keep up with the mundane lies the Clintons engage in during a campaign, has to do with President Clinton’s supposed opposition to the Iraq war…”from the beginning.” Here’s what President Clinton said, “Even though I approved of Afghanistan and opposed Iraq from the beginning, I still resent that I was not asked or given the opportunity to support those soldiers.”

The big problem for Mr. Bill and his MSM spinners is that there are several minutes of tape of him declaring the exact opposite. There are also several news stories and even a column penned by Bill Clinton himself for a British broadsheet that proves he’s lying. So we’re back to the old, “it depends on what the meaning of beginning is.”

But you know the “I opposed it from the beginning” stuff isn’t what irks me. We all know full well that the Clintons will say and do anything for a vote. They will announce an immediate pull out from Iraq to appease the Dem kook fringe when running in the Dem primary before tacking to the center position of “George Bush has made such a mess of Iraq there is no way we can pull out immediately” for the general election. That is what most politicians do. And that is why we can’t stand them.

What really bugs me about President Clinton’s statement is the last part, “I still resent that I was not asked or given the opportunity to support those soldiers.” That goes past lying. What the ex-president is talking about is that no one raised his taxes to pay for the war. Fine say that. But nobody is denying Clinton or anyone else the opportunity to support the soldiers. I’d tell Clinton the same thing I tell everyone who thinks taxes are too low. Send a check to the US Treasury. Better yet write the check to the Wounded Warrior Project or the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation. Rush Limbaugh recently raised over FOUR MILLION DOLLARS - half of it his own money – for the latter worthy cause.

I guess this points up the major difference between Libs and Cons. Bill Clinton, the quintessential Lib, whines because big government “won’t allow him to support the troops.” Rush Limbaugh, the quintessential Con, says screw the government and raises four million to support the troops on his own. So some enterprising MSMer ought to ask President Clinton, if his desire to support the troops is so strong and the government won’t allow it, to match Limbaugh’s private effort to “support the troops.”

It’ll never happen. And if it did one could imagine the answer:

Two million of my own dollars for the Wounded Warrior Project? You gotta be kidding. Look, taking care of those suckers is a government responsibility. Now looky here, like Teddy Kennedy, I’m quite happy to send several millions more of my dollars to my off shore tax shelter while calling for tax increases on you. But I draw the line at actually paying higher anything. We all know rich guys don’t pay taxes. Only you little people. So just forget about me actually writing a check when I can complain about the government not allowing me to write a check and keep all my money. Actually giving money to do something about a problem is for conservative suckers. We Libs get more credit from the MSM just for bitching about problems as Conservatives do for actually doing something about them. Why would we change?

No comments: