Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Elites push McCain then jump ship

Something funny happened on the way to this election. The smartest people in the room told the rest of us conservative dopes that the only candidate who could win this Nov. was McCain. The elite brains told us we’d better shut up and get on board the McCain train.

As regular readers (both of you) know, I was an anyone BUT McCain guy until Romney dropped out. Huckabee lost me early on with his, “I refuse to talk about Romney’s Mormonism – even if that whacky cult does believe that Lucifer and Jesus were brothers – I refuse to mention the fact that Mitt Romney IS A MORMON!!!”

So, after conservatives killed one another off in the primaries, we end up with McCain. Slowly, faced with the worst possible Dem choice, we justify supporting McCain because the alternative is just too scary to contemplate. Then McCain picks Palin as his running mate and real conservatives are actually energized.

That’s when all of the smartest people in the room – the ones who told us to shut up and get on board - themselves began jumping ship. Now it’s the real conservatives - who never wanted McCain to begin with - left to as Rush says, “drag McCain across the finish line.” All of the brainiacs have crossed over to B-HO to ensure they won’t be booted off the east coast cocktail circuit.

Any Rep who jumped ship over Palin was never a conservative to begin with. Good riddance, Peggy, Kathleen, Chris, David et al. No matter how this election turns out we’re going to be better off without the likes of nit-wits like you.

Paraphrasing the indomitable Mike Singletary new coach of the San Fran 49ers, “I rather play with ten players and be penalized all the way than play with 11 when that one player hasn’t bought into the team.” How many David Gurgans, Chuck Hagles and Peggy Noonans does the Rep party need? One seems too many to me.

OOOPS
After the story on redistribution ran Fri, I got call from AF Bro asking if it was true. I told him I didn’t know. The story was relayed to third hand from the Griffin. Yesterday I got an E-mail from the Griffin telling me Rush Limbaugh owes me because he used “my story.” I thought that odd because we both knew it wasn’t “my story.” I went back and looked at the post. While it’s not “my story” it sure does read like it is in the post below. I didn’t credit the source - the Griffin. I’ve updated the post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spend a couple of minutes each day looking for one of the eight pairs of reading classes laying around the house so excuse me if I forget all the reasoning I put into selecting GWB in 2000. I recall that I was looking for an honest, God fearing conservative that was not an ambulance chasing, intern chasing attorney with no moral fiber. GWB met all of that except he turned out not to be a fiscal conservative. Al Gore and John Kerry both came from the Senate which gave them a beginning credibility rating of minus 500.Like Lex I was not thrilled with Obama or McCain. But hey,I have used a common head screwdriver when I could not find a Phillips head. I support MaC but have entertained digging up Ronald Magnus to give a dead ex-pres another shot at it. Going into Tuesday I feel somewhat like William Wallace at the hands of the English. I may see my own exposed entrails come Wed morning but on the bright side I will look forward to the libs fighting with each other like a July 4th trailer park drunk fest in McConnelsville. The fight will be over whom is the most liberal... Pelosi, Reid, or Obama. Another upside will be the inevitable Clinton/Obama split in the Dem party. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. As you know she is from Scranton, or Chicago, or Arkansas, or New York, or Washington, and roots for the Yankees, or the Mets, or the White Sox, which makes her much more stable than Obama, and more appealing to the indecisive, hand wringing, and wavering independents rather than the full blown pyscho nut jobs. This meltdown will give the conservatives another chance in 2012 to get a real conservative. It's going to be a real 3-ring circus. I want to see Pelosi with the dancing bear, Reid spinning dishware on his nose, and Obama sticking his head in the lion's mouth. I will proudly cast my vote on Tuesday but also pick up the popcorn just in a case the circus comes to town. A lot of popcorn.
The Griffin.