Friday, October 31, 2008

The Griffin endorses McCain sort of

I spend a couple of minutes each day looking for one of the eight pairs of reading classes laying around the house so excuse me if I forget all the reasoning I put into selecting GWB in 2000. I recall that I was looking for an honest, God fearing conservative that was not an ambulance chasing, intern chasing attorney with no moral fiber. GWB met all of that except he turned out not to be a fiscal conservative. Al Gore and John Kerry both came from the Senate which gave them a beginning credibility rating of minus 500.

Like Lex I was not thrilled with Obama or McCain. But hey,I have used a flat tip screwdriver on a Phillips head screw in a pinch. I support MaC but have entertained digging up Ronald Magnus to give a dead ex-pres another shot at it.

Going into Tuesday I feel somewhat like William Wallace at the hands of the English. I may see my own exposed entrails come Wed morning but on the bright side I will look forward to the libs fighting with each other like a July 4th trailer park drunk fest in McConnelsville. The fight will be over whom is the most liberal... Pelosi, Reid, or Obama.

Another upside will be the inevitable Clinton/Obama split in the Dem party. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. As you know she is from Scranton, or Chicago, or Arkansas, or New York, or Washington, and roots for the Yankees, or the Mets, or the White Sox, which makes her much more stable than Obama, and more appealing to the indecisive, hand wringing, and wavering independents rather than the full blown pyscho nut jobs.

This meltdown will give the conservatives another chance in 2012 to get a real conservative. It's going to be a real 3-ring circus. I want to see Pelosi with the dancing bear, Reid spinning dishware on his nose, and Obama sticking his head in the lion's mouth. I will proudly cast my vote on Tuesday but also pick up the popcorn just in a case the circus comes to town. A lot of popcorn. The Griffin.

No comments: