Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We're about to find out why dad always beats the kids at Monopoly

According to B-HO, 95% of us will be in line for a “tax cut” after the election. There are two huge problems with that scenario.

First, about 33% pay no income tax what-so-ever. Yet, they will receive a “tax cut.” Hmmmm, how does that work? If I’m living in mom and dad’s basement paying no rent and for my birthday dad says, “Your mother and I didn’t you get you anything for your birthday this year son. We’re just going to refund this month’s rent payment.”

If the conversation ends there, I’m probably pretty grateful, if a bit embarrassed by dad’s sarcasm. But if dad then hands me $1,000, I’m probably thinking, it’s time to start looking into a home for poor ol’ pop. He’s obviously off his rocker. I pay no rent. Yet he “cut’s my rent” and returns a $1,000 to me? Yes, dementia must be setting in.

How is B-HO’s “tax cut” any different? Gee, I’m glad you asked. I’ll tell you. In the story above, pop will be giving away his own $1,000. To be truly analogous with the B-HO “tax cut,” pop would have to knock on his neighbor’s door demanding the $1,000 so he could redistribute that money to me. Wait, that’s not even right. The police would have to show up at the neighbor’s door with a court order demanding that the neighbors provide the $1,000 to pop so pop could give the money to me.

It is insane.

Second, B-HO has promised to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire in 2010. Guess what then? Everybody’s taxes will go up. Everybody who pays taxes that is. The 33% who don’t - which will probably be about 44% by then – will continue to get “tax cuts.”

So “the rich,” being the savvy rich people that they are, decide it’s nuts to waste their hard work and talent to support me living in mom and dad’s basement. So they send their money off-shore. They take their business over-seas. Don’t believe it? Why does dad always win when he plays Monopoly with the kids?

Democrats trying to tax “the rich” is like the kids trying to beat dad at Monopoly. Even when the kids decide to gang up on dad, dad lays low for awhile as the kids go broke one by one. At the end of the game dad has all of the money, all of the property and the kids are looking stunned at one another wondering how did dad cheat. Dad didn’t cheat. He’s a better player. The rich are better players.

That is why I hated the 700 BILLION dollar bailout. For every dollar that goes to help some poor shlub in desperate need, hundreds of thousands of dollars are going to end up in the pockets of savvy rich guys who created the problem in the first place.

To raise money to give to people living in mom and dad's basement, B-HO promises to tax "the rich" (dad), but will be forced to tax the middle class (the kids), because "the rich" (dad) knows how to hide and make money even in the worst of times. Soon the middle class (the kids) will be out of the game.

No comments: