Monday, June 15, 2015

Back it again, here's what's up


NATO tanks to Eastern Europe
I found a link to this this article on Glenn Reynolds’s Instapundit page with the clever headline: Noble Peace Prize Update.  Doesn’t it seem like a life time ago that the Noble Committee Effed up by giving this clueless waif its signature prize?  It seems to me the time to roll NATO tanks would have been during the Winter Olympics and then it should have rolled them straight into Ukraine.  Had The Empty Suit been wary enough of Putin back then to do that instead of relying on the Shrilldabeast’s mistranslated “reset” button with Russia, Crimea would still be part of Ukraine.  As is always the case with this douche, whatever he does is always too little too late.  Like throwing 300 more US troops into Iraq.  TES would not leave 10,000 troops capable of holding Iraq together and preventing the rise of ISIS, but he’ll piecemeal 3,500 or so troops into the mess he created to give the appearance of doing something while running out the clock on his failed presidency.

Warren-Dolezal perfect ticket for Dopes
If fake American Indian Lizzy Fauxahontis Warren decides to get into the presidential race and wins the Dope nomination, will she select Rachel shut yo mouf Dolezal,the fake black woman, as her running mate?   

I haven’t heard of such a stunt since talking about the book Black Like Me back in high school.  Wonder what lessons would have been taken from that book had the journalist who darkened his skin to portray a black man to document the difficulty of blacks in the south during the 50s risen to race hustling status like Dolezal.

I’m fairly certain that research would never have seen the light of day.    

New York City visit
I spent most of last week touring NY City with the family.  Aside from one crazy bum on the F train out to Coney Island, it was actually a pretty good experience.  I don’t know why New Yorkers get such a bad rap.  Every time we had one those, “gee I’m a tourist and don’t know if this is the right train” looks our faces, someone would ask if we needed help.  Cops were in plentiful supply and were always happy to assist.  It’s true we never strayed too far from the lower Manhattan tourist areas, and when we did the bum and pan handler ratio definitely increased, but all in all I was amazed how well something so big worked as well as it did.  

Oh, hell no. I’d never consider ever living there or even returning for another visit.   I do not do well in crowds or standing in lines.

Signgate will destroy Chris Christie’s campaign
Chris Christie will not be president until he fixes the signage out of Newark, NJ.  In order to save a few bucks we parked our car in NJ and took the train into NY City.  When it was time to make our way west we thought it was just a matter making our way the few miles back to I 280 and heading west.  The problem was that while there seemed to be an unlimited number of signs directing travelers to I 280 east there was nothing directing travelers to the westbound lanes of that highway. 

I asked no fewer than 6 people who lived in the area how to get to the westbound entrance of I 280.  They either did not know or directed me back to the eastbound entrance in broken English.  I finally ran into an off-duty cop who directed make to make two rights and a left and that would put me in the neighborhood.  We did that and then conducted a 15 minute cordon search before finally finding a sign marking the westbound I 280. 

The hell with bridgegate.  Signgate will destroy Christie if I have anything to say about it.

Also it’s interesting to note that you can enter NJ on I 280 for free, but they charge you $1 to leave.  As far as I know everyone gladly pays.

Brussels, Belgium Vs. Newark, NJ
The trouble leaving Newark, NJ reminded me of trying to get out of the city center of Brussels, Belgium.  While stationed in Europe we traveled a great deal.  We never had much trouble until we toured Brussels.  For some strange reason every time we thought we were headed out of the city center we would end up heading back in. 
The big difference between getting out of Brussels and getting out of Newark was that everyone in Brussels spoke pretty good English.  That may sound funny, but it’s no joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from the Griffin....
Welcome back. How were the 32 oz soft drinks? You were wise not to bring up the trade bill we can't read. We the public cannot be privy to a top secret trade bill. Of course the pundits all have an opinion. Pass it. Don't pass it. Dems killed it in congress. TES accused them of bending to special interests and pedophilia. I am curious to know what is it before having an opinion. Call me old fashioned. Amazing to me how many people can line up on one side of a bill and have no idea what is in the silly thing. It says they are idiots.